Personal Trainer Prices

Options
Stagezz
Stagezz Posts: 124 Member
What is the going rate for Personal Trainers??

I met with one today and he charges $60/hour....just want to know if this is average or not.

Replies

• Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    At the Golds Gym here they charge 80 Dollars. To expensive.
  • mjhartness
    mjhartness Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The one's around here (Ohio) are 45- 55/ hr. based on what you want.
  • msartishia
    msartishia Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I went to one for about 6 months and he was 30 per session for 1 hour. Also I had another guy that was going to do it for 25 per session.

My suggestion, see what his contract is like. I never had to sign one, but I would start there first.
  • Stagezz
    Stagezz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    He doesn't have contracts which is a bonus...I can quit at anytime!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    The ones around here are like $40-45 a session, which is 30 minutes. Yuck.
  • kportelli70
    Options
    When I went to Bally's is was $80 per hour but then he left to go to another gym and he made his own rate and only charged me $30.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I pay $40 a session for mine, but they can be anywhere upwards of $100....
  • praytonia
    praytonia Posts: 4
    Options
    It really depends on the skills, education, and certification of the trainer. I have been training with an awesome trainer from urban active for about 14 months (well this is the 3rd trainer over the last 14 months…But, he’s helped the most through my journey) and I have paid $175 monthly and the first 3 months I meet with him 3x wkly for 30 mins and as the time went on the sessions changed etc, etc. I am now training with him on his personal time at another gym and he charges me $35 hr. I am sure I am getting a deal since we are now friends. But, honestly if you can afford$60hr and the trainer is legit I say: go for it, it can be the BEST investment you will ever make. GOOD LUCK!! Losing weight and getting healthy= 80% eating healthy/eating RIGHT and 20% exercise.
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    try and opt for a trainer whos also a nutritional advisor as well as they can also give you diet advice. im in the UK and pay £30 a session and he comes to my home with all his boxing equiptment and resistance bands. best money i ever spent i think.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree with this! Mine is not only my trainer, but my nutritionist and will be my coach for my upcoming competition, too. I'd say really good deal/investment, because I am not having to hire the other 2 now. :happy:
    try and opt for a trainer whos also a nutritional advisor as well as they can also give you diet advice. im in the UK and pay £30 a session and he comes to my home with all his boxing equiptment and resistance bands. best money i ever spent i think.