Apple cider

Options
Hi,

I am new to this site.
Like to know if any of you have used the apple cider.
Read all mixed reviews online not sure what is true anymore.

Please share

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    I use it for cooking and I know people who use it for acid reflux and IBS.

But when it comes to weight loss, I've not seen one peer-reviewed clinical trial that shows apple cider vinegar has any effect on weight loss. The ACV weight loss claim has been around since the 1970s. If it worked, there wouldn't be any overweight people today.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I used some to curdle the almond milk to make my vegan cornbread. As a flavoring, it's great! As a weight-loss tool, not so much (but the cornbread comes out of a low-fat cookbook if that helps).
  • RunningMom1038
    RunningMom1038 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I use it as a rinse for my hair sometimes. It makes it super soft!

I had no idea people use it for IBS. I shall be looking into that momentarily.

For weight loss, no. Sorry, but no. It could help if you use it as a substitute for high-calorie dressings on salads. Because weight-loss always comes down to burning more calories than you take in. Eat at a deficit and you'll lose, OP. Good luck!
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    I use it as a rinse for my hair sometimes. It makes it super soft!

I had no idea people use it for IBS. I shall be looking into that momentarily.

For weight loss, no. Sorry, but no. It could help if you use it as a substitute for high-calorie dressings on salads. Because weight-loss always comes down to burning more calories than you take in. Eat at a deficit and you'll lose, OP. Good luck!

Just to be clear: I know people who use it for IBS, but I've no idea if it's effective. ;)
  • Tulip0069
    Tulip0069 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Waauw I am surprised to see so many replies in no time.
    Thank you all. I will scrap that idea
  • RunningMom1038
    Options
    I'm glad you came here to ask. I wish I had known about MFP before I tried some of the crazy things I did.
  • Tulip0069
    Tulip0069 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What crazy things DID help you?
  • RunningMom1038
    Options
    None of it. There was one product I tried that I lose weight on, but I would never recommend it to anyone. It made me so sick that I couldn't eat. Voila! Calorie deficit! It also made me so tired that I came close to falling asleep while driving one time. It just messed me up.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I would of been guzzling it by the gallon if it worked, at 300 pounds, if it was that easy, i'd of done it for sure.

Yep I'd be doing the same, even though it is the most vile concoction I've ever tasted, and it put me off of vinegar FOREVER! If it actually worked for weight loss, I'd toughen up and put on my big girl pants and chug those 2 shots a day, like i did for 6 straight months..... which consequently scarred me for life and still makes my face involuntarily contort whenever someone utters the words Apple Cider Vinegar :confounded::cold_sweat:

• rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Tulip0069 wrote: »

Completely changed the way I think about food and exercise. And I realized that to lose all of the weight that I need to lose I'm going to have to be patient and trust the process.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Apple cider would be good for increasing confidence in your appearance.... Drink more, look better (working in the same way as beer goggles)

Apple cider vinegar on the other hand won't, but it makes decent salad dressing.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Think about logically. If all you had to do to lose some weight was to drink some apple cider vinegar - do you think there would be any overweight people?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Eating less and moving more. That's it.

There is no magic pill, product, food, or beverage that is going to give you long term, sustainable results. Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit, period.

Since you are new to MFP, I suggest reading the stickied "most helpful forum posts" at the top of the getting started section of these forums. They have a wealth of good information about how to use this site for maximum success.

Good luck!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

Eating at a calorie deficit. That's it. Nothing more crazy than that needed.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Can I ask where you heard about the weight loss benefits of ACV? It seems to be a bit of a craze this January, and many of us are curious where it is being touted as a weight loss helper.

Thanks.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Can I ask where you heard about the weight loss benefits of ACV? It seems to be a bit of a craze this January, and many of us are curious where it is being touted as a weight loss helper.

Thanks.

I think I've seen it on Facebook
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'd lose weight if I added it to my food. The stuff makes me want to vomit. Maybe that's how it works, you feel ill and don't eat anything?