Difference or wishful thinking?

Options
For those of you that have lost weight, did you notice the weight loss on your body in the way clothes fit before you actually saw it? I'm just about 2 weeks in my journey, eating healthy and have a fitness program tailored to me, 5 lbs down as of right now (weigh in again thursday) and I swear I can feel a difference in my clothes. Even my winter coat is looser. (I lost 2 inches from my waist and 1 from my hips) .. now I'm second guessing myself.. are these actually changes I feel or is it that I'm just looking for changes. Lol. My intention is to lose weight obviously but I'm focusing one day at a time so quick results I'm not looking for in particular.

Replies

• ckidd7
    ckidd7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    No way those are changes you are seeing. Do not doubt yourself. Keep pressing on and get what you want.
  • boothekm1
    boothekm1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    There's a difference! I've only lost 11 pounds, but it looks like tons more because of inches lost. Keep up the good work!
  • sunnysunny88
    sunnysunny88 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Definitely! I notice a difference in the way my clothes fit after about two - three weeks before any significant drop in scales and before anyone else noticing
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Real!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    five pounds is enough to make a difference on me. i'm 5'3"ish, if that helps any. also, you don't specify what kind of fitness programme, but that can be a factor as well. i don't think you actually grow much muscle in only two weeks, but subtle things shift just because the ones you already have are behaving in different ways.

i say take it and run with it, anyway :tongue:
  • DoubleTheLove
    DoubleTheLove Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! No weight loss this week but I'm down another 2 inches! ..that makes 2.5 from my waist! I'm doing cardio 6x a week and weights 3x a week.
  • DoubleTheLove
    Options
    If I knew how to post pictures from mobile I would haha.
  • DoubleTheLove
    Options
    five pounds is enough to make a difference on me. i'm 5'3"ish, if that helps any. also, you don't specify what kind of fitness programme, but that can be a factor as well. i don't think you actually grow much muscle in only two weeks, but subtle things shift just because the ones you already have are behaving in different ways.

i say take it and run with it, anyway :tongue:

I'm also 5'3 .. always wish I were taller. Lol
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think losing inches and having your clothes fit better is much more desirable than losing pounds on the scale and not seeing any other difference. The point to me is not really getting to a certain number, but more about feeling more energetic, being more comfortable and confident, looking/feeling more fit... That's what really counts. Sounds like you're on the right track! :)

Here's my example: I've been on maintenance now for several years. Basically staying at the same weight. But sometimes I look and feel better than others, not based on weight, but rather on fitness and body composition. When I've been a slug all winter and not exercised, my body fat% goes up and my lean mass atrophies a bit. It's terrible to let myself go like this, but it happens. And when it happens, I'm flabbier and lack energy. In the spring when I get active again, my composition begins to change: I have more muscle definition and less flab, my clothes fit better, I feel great. All of this happens somewhere within the same 5 pound (give or take) weight range.
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3'' and the difference in even a few pounds is seriously noticeable in my clothes! So I wouldn't doubt you are feeling changes xx
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    they are definitely real differences!!!

Keep up the great work!
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Yup, I tend to notice my pants are looser before I notice the scale moves.
  • pacingoamy
    pacingoamy Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It's little things ... like pants and/or sleeves getting longer, less of a 'suck in' to button britches, etc. But, those little things add up.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it depends on the height/weight. I'm 5'2... 5lbs to me right now would be a good visual difference [honestly, I'm underweight right now, working on it]... 5lbs to me when I was at my heaviest [200lbs] was nothing. Absolutely nothin'.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    a gallon of milk weighs 8 pounds . . . give or take slightly, i guess. five pounds is a fair bit of real estate, in pure-volume terms.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!