Sugar

Options
snowy_sk
snowy_sk Posts: 117 Member
I'm currently set at 1400 cals a day and mfp tells me I should be eating 25g sugar. I seem to ALWAYS go over this.... does it matter in the grand scheme of things? Not sure how much is a sensible amount?

Replies

• GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    It depends on where your sugar comes from. If it is sugar from fruits, then it is all good!
  • tramaine81
    tramaine81 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Cut out the juice.....
    You might be a juice addict like I was, that will skyrocket your calories....AND keep you hungry all day long.

But...if you are not drinking juice, let us know what you are eating so we can help:) Good luck!
  • ziggy55311
    ziggy55311 Posts: 20
    Options
    The more sugar you eat the more insulin resistant you will be which will set you up for long term weight gain.

25g is probably a good amount to try and stay under but it is hard because sugar makes its way into a lot of food.

MFP sets you up with a diet of 55% carbohydrates and a really low amount of protein which in my opinion should be adjusted. You might look at what you have eaten for the day needing some more calories and in order to avoid going over on protein you eat something like a banana, bumping you over on sugar when it would be better for you to reach for a lean piece of meat or boiled egg or something.