Derby Girl Seekin Counter-Culture Friends!

Options
I shouldn't say derby girl...I skated for 3 years, but lost my job in January, lost my health insurance, had to temporarily put derby on hold and I gained back all my weight I worked so hard to lose. Partly due to new boyfriend taking me out all the time. OM NOM OM NOM heavy meals, 3-4 times a week.

Looking for like minded gals who are active and want to stay motivated. I'm somewhere in between the weightloss world and counter-culture world...I am interested in staying healthy, but love me some fun times! I can party and hang without drinking because of my high energy.

I like Roller Derby, craftting, being a nerd...I do my own biz at home now. Trying to get a handle on this unemployment thing. Turning it into "Funemployment"!

So send me a message if you are of the same mindset! Would love a gaggle of girls to keep motivated!

Replies

• selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place sister. Great resources, tools & people. Sent you an invite.
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Well... I'm in training to start Derby... I love quad skating and didn't do it for about 15 years before I went and saw a derby duel and decided it was all me and a bit more. I've been doing speed skating classes for 4 months and hope to try-out in September. It's a great work-out! Such a pity you lost youjr insurance!!! It's impossible to pursue without medical coverage (I busted my knee 3 weeks into training and had to sit out for a few). I like having the control to be disciplined with my diet but find it hard to keep in check without tracking or fitness!

Hang in there, you'll get back to it soon (hopefully).
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm a fellow Derby gal
  • BlancheDevereauxxx
    BlancheDevereauxxx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    me too!
  • tarynbonesapart
    Options
    Derby Girl here as well.
  • Sucka_Tash
    Options
    i am a derby-girl..... anyone else out there terrified of off season? i am planning on doing insanity during that time to try to bust through my plateau. i have been teetering between 168-174 and its making me nuts!!!! I have had some health issues this year that have put a damper on my training.... so now i am just kind of unmotivated. i have had bronchitis and am supposed to be taking it easy for a while til this crap goes away.... but i am getting antsy...maybe i will just work on that whole diet thing til i get this sickness undercontrol