My Story

Options
sarahills
sarahills Posts: 23 Member
edited February 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi I've been doing MFP since July 2016 and have lost 35 pounds.
It happened at a time I should've been sat feeling sorry for myself and licking my wounds as I'd badly broken my knee and was in a fixed knee brace and had also fractured my rib in a freak bike accident!
However instead of staying home, I got myself a bus pass (couldn't drive my beloved Mini due to my broken knee) and a gym membership and just went for it. This helped my rehabilitation as the trainer at the gym devised me a workout incorporating all parts of my body, apart from my leg, e.g. the arm bike instead of the X Trainer and doing the upper body exercises whilst sat on a chair etc.
The whole experience gave me a focus and made me get up and out of bed each morning. Also because public transport isn't that brilliant where I live, it tired me out just getting to the gym and back on my crutches!
The BEST moment for me was when I went back to work after 4 months off work and seeing everyone's faces (they expected me to be the same weight or much heavier due to my injuries). I am a Scrub Nurse and work in the operating theatres so on my return just the little triumph of fitting into small blues instead of my usual medium/large made all my hard work worth it! :)

Replies

• sarahills
    Options
    *July 2016
  • CantonRC
    CantonRC Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on finding a way to work around a bad circumstance and still accomplish your goal. ☺
  • sarahills
    Options
    Thank you! It's not always easy but it's always worth it! X