30 days?

Options
Hey all! Coming up on August 3rd (which is also my birthday) will be 30 days until my dress fitting. I really need something that will help me lose the most and be the most effective to lose some weight in that time frame. (without starving myself, I want to do this in a healthy way).

Please any suggestions are appreciated! What worked for you? What didn't? Keep in mind that I am also on a budget so can't afford anything to crazy!

Thanks so much friends!

Replies

• myurk
    myurk Posts: 108
    Options
    You can try Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred. You might not lose huge amounts of weight (due to muscle gain), but you will definitely tone up if you do it. Stick within your calorie range set out by MFP and you should do pretty good. Good luck!
  • kynichol21
    kynichol21 Posts: 87
    Options
    I am finishing up Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shed. It is around $10-15 at target, walmart etc. It is really great for losing alot of inches but I didn't see big weight loss numbers. I have lost about 6-8 pounds so far. From what I have read on this site many others saw lots of inches lost but not a huge amount of pounds. I think I am going to do Jillian Micheal's Ripped in 30 video starting Aug. 1st and I don't really know much about it.
  • jessilea53
    jessilea53 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting to the "t", lots of water, exercise. Id probably say the 30 day shred too. Ive never tried it but I heard its pretty good.

Good luck and congrats!

Jessica
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    My fiance had great results with Hip Hop Abs. It is a 30 day program.
  • Init_to_winit
    Init_to_winit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Do you know if you need a lot of room to do the 30 day shred or hip hop abs? I have P90X but have moved from my old apartment and now have trouble with space for most of their DVDs.
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    No space problems at all for hip hop abs. All you need is about a 4' x 6' space. Really the 6' is kind of stretching it on the long side, probably don't need that much.
  • kynichol21
    kynichol21 Posts: 87
    Options
    For 30DS you don't need a whole lot of room. Just enough for jumping jacks, push ups and ab work. They also encourage having some hand weights. I use the 3lb ones.
  • ncgatorfan
    ncgatorfan Posts: 517
    Options
    Great tips on the exercises. For the eating part, try to stay away from diet sodas and processed foods. It's hard, but maybe you can limit yourself daily. Like if you eat frozen dinners, try to tell yourself that for this week, you'll only have one or two. Or snack foods, just tell yourself that you'll have one every 3 days or so. I play so many mental games with myself, that they work (most of the time). I kept telling myself to break it up in small chunks. Then I tell myself - geez, I can live without ice cream for 3 days. Then it becomes 3 more days, etc. Just think of the birthday gift you'll give yourself if you acheive this, which you WILL!!!!
  • JosieMomGramma
    JosieMomGramma Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I find I lose best when I exercise more drink lots of water & eat less carbs & more lean protein! Also don't eat after 7-8pm. Drink water or herbal teas & less coffee & other beverages. Good luck to you!