Calories

Options
Hello i am new to this - and i have set myself up...
im confused as it tells me that i have to eat 1200 calories a day to loose weight........

But i have checked other calorie counter calculators on line and some say 852 - 926 - 1300??

How do i know what the right amount is??

Help please..... thanks :-))

Replies

• sarapulsifer
    Options
    The absolute minimum amout of cals you should eat is 1200. Anything lower and it is considered unhealthy and you wont be bale to get the right amount of nutrition for the day.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    It's so easy. Eat your 1200 every day and also any exercise calories you earn. Some days you will go over, some you will be under, that's just the way things work out - but if over the course of a week you have eaten up to, but not over, your total calories (1200 plus exercise cals) you WILL lose weight.

Oh, and be honest about what you eat, get some digital scales and weigh stuff you're eating at home or taking to work, if you dine out choose the nearest thing in the database... it only works if you're completely honest!
  • sbemelman
    sbemelman Posts: 2
    Options
    1200 calories a day is a good amount to stick with. You don't feel like you are starving yourself. Make sure you eat breakfast that is the the most important thing. That is what starts your body to be in lose weight mode. I have been doing 1200 calories for about 6 months now and I have lost 50lbs. Good luck with your weight loss.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    you eat 1200, just like it says. the amount you lose a week or should try to lose etc, is dependent on how much you need to lose. Make sure your goal is realistic, and have patience. when you work out, it will tell you to eat more, and yes, you should. the deficit is built in, so you dont have to create one.
  • shaunsta1
    shaunsta1 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you, this is very helpfull!!

I will keep at 1200 then, so its ok to eat less one day and more the next aslong as my weekly goal is on target ie 8400??

Also when i type a food in and it says for example '1 cup' of mushrooms or whatever - how much is 1 cup in grams or ounces??

thanks guys x
  • sbemelman
    sbemelman Posts: 2
    Options
    8 Ounces equals one cup and 200 grams also equals one cup. Have a wonderful day.
  • shaunsta1
    shaunsta1 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you! sorry girls to go on just need to get my head round it....

when i search for a food to type in, sometimes they are the same weight and type ie 100g of buttom mushrooms, but the calories and the nutrition information are different when you click into it???

How do i know which is the right one?

this is hard :-/
    x