197 lbs at 5'10" and "Carry it well"

Options
Hi, I'm new here. I'd love to add some women with the same build as me to my friends list. I'm 5' 10" and 197 lbs.
I work full-time nights, go to grad school full-time, and that all comes second to my husband and 3 year old son.
Take care and stay cool out there today if you're American!

Shel

Replies

• yankeefamily05
    Options
    There is a thread for women 5'9 and up.

I was going to join it, but I'm 5'8. I missed the cut lol

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/283356--totally-tall-women-of-mfp-5-9-and-up-open-group?hl=5'9+and+up&page=4#posts-3886345
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm 5'10 as well! Join our totally tall women group!
  • 68sylvia
    68sylvia Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    im as tall.. 5 2 . i stated program at 192.9 found my fittnes pal at 185 today im 182. I work 2 jobs i go in from 4 am to 12:30pm then i have my part time job from 3pm to 9pm. i have my house my husband and 17 year old son. but i know we all can reach our goals. hang in there you can do it.
  • luvmy2babies
    luvmy2babies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request. I am 5'9" and 197 pounds. I think I carry it well. I work full time, and have 2 children. A son who is 3yrs and a daughter who is 5 months.
  • RochellePOT
    Options
    Hi. I am new here as well.. I am 5'10.. (Maybe closer to 5'11.).. I weigh 191, would love be in the 175 range.. We will see.. I am "medium" build.. I wear a size 14 in clothes, and a size 8 in shoes...Before children, (my oldest is almost 18, youngest is almost 15), I literally weighed 118 pounds and my wedding gown was a size 3. I have never had a eating disorder, just a very high metabolism. **Not that being that thin looked healthy, either.. I was super, super skinny!!

However, once I hit the mid 30's (I am 43 now), all of that changed. The weight began sticking around...Let's face it, we are tall, therefore, our weight is "hidden". However, I couldn't ignore the fact that 1. I was so tired all of the time (lack of exercise) and 2. The scale doesn't lie. 3. My "chubby cheeks" weren't so cute on an adult....

So, last November, my husband and I ( for the record, I am taller, married twenty years, he isn't growing taller, and I am not shrinking; at least height wise,) joined the local YMCA. (I had been a member at Curves, but, found it wasn't strenuous enough, after a certain point) I go five nights a week. My exercise consists of: Spinning Class two nights a week, Yoga two nights a week, and Toning class, one night a week. I love it.. I have never felt better.. Lots of energy; not tired all day, not that sluggish feeling in the morning; and just over all feel better. (granted, my kids are older, so, it is easy for us to go!!) I have never been a soda drinker (that is pop for you mid westeners); I am a snack eater, but, after years of trying, I have (for the most part) cut out "snacks".. replacing them with nuts (which I know, can add calories), veggies and fruit... and lots of water...I feel great, and I am starting to feel like I look good.. (my goal is great)...MInd you, I live near Miami, which; is a very "look oriented" city.. (okay, who am I kidding, shallow)....

Hope I didn't bore anyone with my post.. It is nice to finally talk to people who are used to being the tallest of all of their friends, family members, etc... Just remember, everyone notices us, so, why not be the best we can be, and keep them talking!! :)
  • miss_rogerson1988
    Options
    Hi everyone

Im 5ft 10 and currently weight 195lbs. I started at 232lbs but have lost motivation as i have hit a plateau in my weightloss! looking for people to help spur me on lol!

I currently work two jobs so normally start at 7am and dnt get home until 11pm so preparing meals is a bit of a nightmare!

Any advice/tips would be appreciated !