Sample meal plans?

Options
Hi everyone,

I really struggle with planning my meals. I don't know what to eat. For breakfast lately I've been having smoothies with spinach, plain non fat yogurt, banana, and another type of fruit. Anyone have any suggestions of plans they used that were budget friendly and easy to stick with?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    yablomx10 wrote: »
    I really struggle with planning my meals. I don't know what to eat.
    Are you sure? What have you been eating until now?

For breakfast lately I've been having smoothies with spinach, plain non fat yogurt, banana, and another type of fruit.
    That sounds great if that's something you like.

Anyone have any suggestions of plans they used
    I made my own meal plan based on protein+fat+veg for each meal, and getting in something from each food group every day.

that were budget friendly
    Planning your meals is one of the most effective ways to save money on food, provided you do it right, but it soundslike you're thinking backwards. Decide what you want to eat and when, write it down and get the things you need to make it happen. That is your plan.

and easy to stick with?
    A meal plan that is easy to stick with has to be in line with your needs, beliefs, preferences, schedule and economy, as well as your cooking skills, foods available, equipment and storage facilities. That's not difficult to make... for you - because you are the one who has the best knowledge of all these things. Your life isn't static, maybe you will get sick, move, get married, have kids, change jobs. Instead of getting someone to make a meal plan for you, learn to plan your meals in a way that you can adapt to any challenges you will encounter. (No, losing weight does not magically remove all obstacles in your life.)
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. Feel free to flip through what I eat if you think it will help you get ideas. I do a lot of oatmeal or overnight oats for breakfast, leftovers or a small sandwich with yogurt for lunch, and home-cooked dinners.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    What @kommodevaran said - eat foods you like. A meal "plan" is not going to include your choices, your cravings, or match the way you currently eat.

Eating your own choices, learning their portion sizes, and their nutritional values will be a huge help when you get to goal. You will learn so much just by tweaking your current diet.

More veggies helps me add bulk without the calories. Each meal starts with a protein selection. I do include a treat every day, but other snacks are typically more healthy than in the past. Just start logging & learning.
  • akmommac
    akmommac Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    For breakfast, I frequently rely on egg whites. Throw in a large handful of spinach and a few cherry tomatoes. It's boring but it's cost effective and easy to microwave at work. Or I'll heat up a small portion of left over grilled salmon (which I bag and freeze so it's ready for mornings) with a bit of brown rice, a couple egg whites with a dash of soy sauce and chopped green onions. My diary is open if you want to nose around for ideas.