A Year of Saying Yes!

Options
ekerst
ekerst Posts: 9 Member
A year. A year ago I looked at myself in the mirror, proud of growing and birthing four children in five years. I also saw someone who I didn't recognize anymore. She was tired, her body couldn't keep up with the demands of chasing four littles (4 kids, 6 and under), and it just didn't match the confidence and the person I was on the inside. I knew it was time to fight for me. A year has passed. Yes, I've lost a good bit of weight, and yes, there's still a bit to go. But these pictures show more then physical weight loss. This shows a Momma who said "yes" to herself, who gave herself permission to put herself first for an hour a day. This shows a Momma who now says "yes" to her kids when they ask to go to the park, or follow them as they ride bikes, or wrestle on the floor. This shows a Momma who can actually do push-ups on her toes and feel good in skinny jeans. I'm finding myself again, day by day. It's been such hard work, and I'm not done yet...but here's to a year of saying "yes"! I just wanted to share this important milestone with this community...I've spent a year reading stories here and being inspired, and I wanted to let all those Moms of young ones out there that you're worth it! Say "yes" to yourself!

pirznjxl13os.jpg

Replies

• demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    You are incredible and inspiring! I don't have any kids yet, my excise for so long was that I work such long hours. I restarted working on my health about a month ago and discovered that I really do have the time. Success stories from people with insanely busy lives is such an encouragement to never let anything get in the way of health
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Awesome, way to go! How much weight did you lose?
  • ekerst
    Options
    I've lost 81 pounds and ideally have about 20ish left. My body is very different now after four kids, so I'll see what it wants to do!
  • ekerst
    Options

demorelli wrote: »
    You are incredible and inspiring! I don't have any kids yet, my excise for so long was that I work such long hours. I restarted working on my health about a month ago and discovered that I really do have the time. Success stories from people with insanely busy lives is such an encouragement to never let anything get in the way of health

Thank you so much! Yes, once I realized that I had to put me first, I realized I did have the time to work out. I do know that if I miss my window of time for working out, I don't have the ability to fit it in any other parts of the day. It's good motivation ;)
  • healthyhappy2017
    Options
    Very encouraging!
  • chr1sjohnson
    chr1sjohnson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great job!
  • haguealexis
    haguealexis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes! I want to feel confident again! Thank you
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    f-bomb Wow!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation. You look wonderful!
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Great job! Way to go!
  • geochick725
    geochick725 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So amazing! You look fantastic and this story totally inspires me! I just had my first baby and I struggle with saying "yes" to myself. We need to be a priority!

You can't pour from an empty glass.

Congratulations!
  • marelthu
    marelthu Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Great work
  • mama137
    mama137 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My story (4 kids in 5 years) is so like yours. Im just starting my journey bck to a me i can recognize so this was really timely!!
  • leannehathaway1
    leannehathaway1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration!!! Congratulations! You've certainly earned it xo
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Love your story and love the look on your face - the joy radiates!
  • ekerst
    Options
    mama137 wrote: »
    My story (4 kids in 5 years) is so like yours. Im just starting my journey bck to a me i can recognize so this was really timely!!

You got this. It feels SO GOOD to start seeing yourself again, and the kids are also recognizing the hard work now (mommy is getting healthy for us!). Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful success story! You're amazing!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!! You look awesome!!
  • lavender51
    lavender51 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look great! Inspirational :)
  • khartell1022
    khartell1022 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome! I know exactly where you're coming from. Mom of 4 boys here; 10 and under, 3 of them in the last 5 years. My body was so worn out. I couldn't find the energy to do fun stuff with my boys. That's my main mission: get stronger, more energy, a be more present in my life. Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!