21 day fix / bacon, etc?

Options
im starting 2q day fix back up again here this week. i was wondering if regular bacon was allowed ? turkey bacon is allowed 4 pieces i believe and someone told me 2 slices of hemplers bacon was better for you than 4 slices of turkey bacon.. is that true? for awhile my breakfast was 3 eggs a slice of ehite cheddar and 2 slices of hemplers bacon with the grease patted off and i lost some weight. also thos aidells teriyaki meatballs id like to add those but if i cant thats okay lol

Replies

• priestp1
    priestp1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Agree with Kris. If you do a barcode scan - you can see the impact on your macros (Fat / Protein) vs alternatives (Turkey Bacon). I am now looking at calories, then macros to determine my diet and gauge what I eat / drink.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    How about just eat what ever you want and track your calories? Its simpler and more effective....
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I do agree with the above post, but I was told that regular bacon is better than turkey bacon. My sister's trainer told her that. I'm not sure how true it is, and for me it's not important because I don't eat turkey so turkey bacon is out of the question for me (besides IMO it's nasty, my grandpa had me try his and I was not impressed).
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Are you following the 21day fix because you need some sort of clearly defined guide for what and how much you can eat? Or because it's a path to success?

If the prior, then fine, go for it.

If the latter, there are lots of paths to success, many of which include bacon and meatballs. It might be worth looking into a more flexible eating approach.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    moya1219 wrote: »
    im starting 2q day fix back up again here this week. i was wondering if regular bacon was allowed ? turkey bacon is allowed 4 pieces i believe and someone told me 2 slices of hemplers bacon was better for you than 4 slices of turkey bacon.. is that true? for awhile my breakfast was 3 eggs a slice of ehite cheddar and 2 slices of hemplers bacon with the grease patted off and i lost some weight. also thos aidells teriyaki meatballs id like to add those but if i cant thats okay lol

You might try looking in the 21DF group here

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103806-21-day-fixers

The plan seems really rigid to me.....good luck!
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I agree with Kriss above although she said it more bluntly:).

Eat the foods you want in an over all nutritious diet and within your calorie goal. This will set you up nicely for maintenance.

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon should be a crime. That stuff is nasty and usually packed with sodium and isn't really any difference in calories than the good real stuff. The "healthy" part of it is all BS marketing nonsense. I'd eat the real bacon.
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I follow 21 day fix loosely. I try to keep with in my protein servings goals...but I have no issue eating protein that isn't on the list. We had real bacon the other day for dinner. For me, the 21 day fix plan has taught me about serving sizes and getting a good balance of carbs, protein, veggies, etc.
  • doittoitgirl
    doittoitgirl Posts: 157 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Why not a 365 day fix of reasonable sustainable eating patterns. The color coded containers are convenient for getting your bearings, but it would seem eating such a strict diet for three weeks wouldn't be the best way to make sustainable changes. It works for some people, but I'm pretty sure the success margin of jumpstart style diets is slim a year after starting. Just eat the bacon and make sure it fits in your calorie allotment for the day.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Options
    anyway. i look for turkey bacon that has the lowest calories and fat in comparison.