Help! What diet is best??

Options
I'm trying to figure out which diet to follow and which is the healthiest - paleo, vegan, vegetarian, low carb? I hear things from everyone about how their diet is the best, so I'm looking for something that's scientific. Any help is appreciated!!

Replies

• Cuddlebearjay
    Cuddlebearjay Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Agreed with the above posters. I've tried several 'fad' diets over the past 10 years from South Beach to some god awful diet called super shred something or other. While South Beach tought me things some things about food, it made me hate a lot of foods. I hated what I was restricted to on every diet I've ever tried, which led to binges and weight gain over time.
    Long story short, love what you eat, but do it in moderation by counting your calories.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    best diet is the one you can maintain for the rest of your life.

Yep. I don't even bother with a specific "diet". I just eat the foods I enjoy that fit into my goals.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

This^

The best diet addresses YOUR current eating habits. The best diet helps you figure out why you are currently trying to lose weight. The best diet helps you develop strategies for maintenance.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options

Another vote for this. You need to eat less calories then you burn and you need to do it in a way that you can do for the long run.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options

This.

For me that means continuing to eat all the foods I like, just in correct calorie amounts. It's a realistic and sustainable method for me, for the next 45+ years, and I've nailed my weight and health goals by doing it :)
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    I eat what I like & 36lbs down so far. I don't even look at the macros, just figure out what works for me by experimenting
  • Desertcolt07
    Desertcolt07 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    The one you can stick to
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I like mostly clean eating mixed with IIFYM (tracking macros) and counting calories. But I make room for chocolate and some other treats in there too.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,041 Member
    Options
    Just CI<CO.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options

Well look, best answer got stolen. :wink: And it's true too. I've dabbled with trying low carb/paleo, and unprocessed diets and I just find for my lazy self they're just not manageable, so I eat what I want and weigh, and log!