MOST accurate scale---1. 2. 3. Go! (please :))

Options
What is the most accurate scale to weigh yourself on? I have looked on-line a bit but I trust MFP'ers more :happy:

Replies

• luvmy2babies
    luvmy2babies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I need the same advice. I need a new scale badly, and want a good one, but one that isnt overly priced.
  • gcooper7
    gcooper7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    my wife bought us the biggest loser scale and it's pretty accurate.
  • CelticDestiny
    CelticDestiny Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    So glad you asked this. I need one too.
  • Cherishanne
    Cherishanne Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the replies on this one myself. For now, I'm using my Wii balance board along with Wii Fitness Plus.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I have an analog scale so it's not suuuuuuper exact...but it works for me! And it's consistent with my mom's analog scale as well. :)

I don't know what brand it is. It was like, $19.99 at Walmart.
  • tbeaner79
    tbeaner79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the replies on this one myself. For now, I'm using my Wii balance board along with Wii Fitness Plus.

I also use my Wii balance board and fitness plus too. It's nice other than being a little time consuming for just a quick weigh in :)
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have a Taylor brand digital scale (it's clear/see-through, from Bed Bath & Beyond) and it's not bad, it measures to the 0.2-pound and seems to be reasonably consistent. From everything I've heard and read though, bathroom scales have a limited degree of accuracy and reliability. The scales in doctors' offices and some gyms are far more accurate and reliable. (I weigh in at the gym every time I go, but it's different than my early-morning weigh-in at home for a number of reasons.)

EDIT: I just went and looked at my scale and it's actually a Homemedics brand, not Taylor. (My food scale in the kitchen is Taylor. Oops - sorry!) But I love both of them :smile:
  • ErikaSwenson
    ErikaSwenson Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Alrighty so from what I have gathered I should check out Taylor and Biggest Loser...any others? Where can digital accurate (yet thrifty :smile: ) scales be found?
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I like the WW digital scale and if you have a Kmart near you they are on sale right now for 18.99 normaly 29.99. My mom has had one for awhile and I check my weight while at her house lol but I am planning to pick one up for her on Friday after I cash my check.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I wish I had the answer. I even have a friend who's lost nearly 100 lbs, and she's never been able to find the perfect scale. She's broken so many, too. Unfortunately, to get super accurate requires a lot of money. But you can get by with the less expensive ones. They just may fluctuate a bit and not be 100% accurate. They'll be close enough, though.
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Bathroom-Technology/dp/B001KXZ808/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311175966&sr=8-1

Awesome scale, awesome company. Very consistent, easy to read, and accurate. 0.2 lbs different from my doctor's office.
  • ErikaSwenson
    Options
    I like the WW digital scale and if you have a Kmart near you they are on sale right now for 18.99 normaly 29.99. My mom has had one for awhile and I check my weight while at her house lol but I am planning to pick one up for her on Friday after I cash my check.

I just checked Kmart's website...they have a WW 4-user track scale on sale for $20.99 that was originally $25.99. Is that the one?
  • ErikaSwenson
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Bathroom-Technology/dp/B001KXZ808/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311175966&sr=8-1

Awesome scale, awesome company. Very consistent, easy to read, and accurate. 0.2 lbs different from my doctor's office.

Hmmm...this has promise! It looks like it has received great reviews. I am a little antsy to start weighing myself so I do not know if I can wait for shipping!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options

I just checked Kmart's website...they have a WW 4-user track scale on sale for $20.99 that was originally $25.99. Is that the one?

yes I think so the price may just be different do to area or online vs. instore but its a great scale :)
  • ErikaSwenson
    Options
    Thanks Stephyy!
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options

Hmmm...this has promise! It looks like it has received great reviews. I am a little antsy to start weighing myself so I do not know if I can wait for shipping!

Mine came very quickly. But I definitelyunderstand the hurry. You want to be able to track your progress. And like you, I read a lot of reviews but now I could be one. :)
  • InTheRightLane
    Options
    I have had the Tanita BC-533 for five or so years now. It is very reliable and accurate. It also does body composition, bone mass, and visceral fat measurements.

http://www.amazon.com/Tanita-BC533-Innerscan-Composition-Monitor/dp/B0007Y6BS4/ref=sr_1_3?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1311212336&sr=1-3

I take the body fat % with a grain of salt, but it is good for seeing trends. I used to be around 38% body fat, now I'm around 26% (This is over the course of several years).

It is a little pricey, but worth the investment as I've had no problems with the scale for many years.
  • Dahamac
    Dahamac Posts: 213 Member
    Options

I second this scale: Eatsmart Precision Plus Digital Bathroom Scale with Ultra Wide Platform and Step-on Technology, 440-Pounds.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032TNPOE

This scale was within 10ths of the scale at the Doctor's office and the readings are very consistent. I have been weighing virtually everyday since receiving this scale in December 2010.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    my wife bought us the biggest loser scale and it's pretty accurate.

I have the same one and its great!!
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Glad you posted this question