Just discovered the weekly calorie goal tool!

Options
So I decided to take an evening off from calorie counting, not to eat whatever I want I do that anyways just in smaller portions but just to take a mental break from recording every bite I take. So I guess its in my bones now because I woke up and immediately went to record every thing I ate...lol. So yea it was a lot more than usual and I went way over but I found the weekly calories and it evened out to only 170 over for the week. I love feeling like I can work in those times that I'm just wanting to eat without thinking too much about it and get right back to it. I've never done that before, it was always all or nothing.I'm in this journey for the long haul! Feels great.

Replies

• Mad_Goose
    Mad_Goose Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's a really good tool. Some day's I am more hungry than others. In the end it all balances out.
  • JustAnotherOneOfThoseGirls
    Options
    where is this tool? I didn't realise free members could do that? Or do you have the paid membership?
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    It's just the app. go to "nutrition" at the bottom of your diary on your phone.
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    That's fab, didn't know that was there!!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I've been using it for ages. It's great - there are days I don't feel that hungry, and others where I'm STARVING! By monitoring my weekly average I can keep on track or know where I need to tweak. It's a much more natural way of doing things - for example, today I burned a load of calories doing exercise, but I tend to be hungrier the NEXT day than the same day. I don't want to force myself to eat when I don't feel like it, so I'll save it for tomorrow and keep an eye on that average.
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

nvm
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

I really am blind. I don't see a weekly calorie listing anywhere.

ETA: After tapping random buttons, I found weekly calories under the date. Click/tap on the little arrow beside Day and it should show Day, Week, Change Date. Choose Week and scroll/brush down your phone screen midway.

So easy to find.
    uyeroan20rbu.gif
  • tar2323
    tar2323 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Is this available on the PC/website version?
  • Decapins
    Decapins Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    tar2323 wrote: »

no i don't think so. i wish they would change that
  • JustAnotherOneOfThoseGirls
    Options
    ayy, thanks to all your replies, that's a handy little thing to know, I'm actually shocked I've never found that before,I've been on this site for years /)_-
  • sturgeonml2017
    sturgeonml2017 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I stumbled upon it myself.
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Decapins wrote: »
    tar2323 wrote: »

no i don't think so. i wish they would change that

I thought I was going crazy this morning because I couldn't find it on my computer but was able to find it on the App. Glad it's not just me. And yes, it would be VERY helpful if they'd add it to the website!
  • CassondraKennedy
    CassondraKennedy Posts: 229 Member
    Options

Thank you for this! I'd heard about this mystical feature, but hadn't ever seen it. Very helpful. And +1 for adding it to the website!
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Website --> Blue menu along the top, choose REPORTS

Select "Net Calories" from the drop down list

Chose the time period (7 days) to see the chart of your choice

It's not as much info as the mobile app, but you can export the data into a spreadsheet and play with averages. Enjoy!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

I really am blind. I don't see a weekly calorie listing anywhere.

ETA: After tapping random buttons, I found weekly calories under the date. Click/tap on the little arrow beside Day and it should show Day, Week, Change Date. Choose Week and scroll/brush down your phone screen midway.

So easy to find.
    uyeroan20rbu.gif

And she can still have bread every day!
  • deneenae
    deneenae Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! I just found it. Thanks for the tip. I'm gonna be staring at this from now on.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I love the weekly tool!! I credit it for helping me stick to my plan . I used to feel like when I overate on a day I had ruined everything. Now I just aim for a weekly goal and I can't believe how much of a difference it made to me mentally. Down 30 lbs so far !
  • SoyD986
    SoyD986 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    +1 for the weekly tool - it really helps me, especially on Weekends when my calories are higher then goal, so it's nice to see that I have a little cushion (land I can look at it from a net OR a total view, so can be realistic too! Go MFP!
  • tar2323
    tar2323 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yep, I discovered the Reports tool for the PC version a few days ago. Awesome.