Shorter women success stories? I'm 5' even and am looking for some inspiration!

Options
Hey everyone! I am just getting started on my fitness journey and would love to see where everyone else is in their journies (you don't have to be at your end goal - progress is progress)! I am 5' tall, and have always had broad shoulders and bulkier muscles. On this journey, I hope to lean out and slim down/lengthen some of my muscles instead. I honestly have no idea what my body is capable of looking like or doing fitness wise, but I am excited to find out! Please post your stories here (everyone is welcome, I was just looking for my fellow fun-size girls)!

Replies

• LuluIsLosing
    LuluIsLosing Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'0! I started at the end of November at 146.5, and I'm now at 128lbs. I seem to have stalled though, at the moment. I count calories and exercise 5 days a week.
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'1" and have lost weight after each of my pregnancies. Currently focusing on fat loss and muscle gains so I can be happy with my midsection. With my first 2 children, I focused more on the numbers on the scale (115 was my GW) and did mostly cardio, but now I want to be strong and fit and tighten up after having baby number 3.

My routine is to exercise 5 or 6x a week, watch what I eat, and to not judge myself too harshly.

Feel free to add me.
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    There are several threads on this subject, so you could also do a search and find stories you might find helpful.

I'm a little over 5' and as of this morning have lost 110.8 lbs. Unreal. Am 119 lbs now and am not sure where I'll end up -- 110? 105? 100?

When you say "lean out," "bulky muscles," and "lengthen" muscles -- I think you just want to focus on losing fat. That is, be in a calorie deficit and, eventually, you'll end up where you like.
  • Lady_xoxo1
    Lady_xoxo1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 127 hopping to get to 110. I'm 4"10.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!