Strength training program recommendations?

Options
Anyone doing a strength training program that they love or would highly recommend??

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Here's a bunch. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Pretty much any of the beginner's programs are good.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I have been through Body Beast through beachbody - great results. Jamie Eason Live Fit through bodybuilding.com is a great program. Currently I am following Lee Labrada Lean program through bodybuilding.com. Body Beast is a dvd and the other 2 programs are free through bodybuilding.com
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    StrongLifts 5x5. I have found it really good. You can download an app on your phone and it's free.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts and Strong Curves
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Strong Lifts, Starting Strength, Wendler's 5/3/1
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed Stronglifts 5x5
    Now doing New Rules of Lifting for Women which is also great and has a ton of variety which keeps it interesting.
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender.com Great variety and like that I can plan my calendar each week so in the a.m. (my workout time) I can just log in and get it done.
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I love the Body Sculpting Bible for Women (there's a men's version as well). Great step-by-step instructions and pictures for each exercise, plus several 6-week training plans based on your goals and equipment.
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'm another fan of stronglifts 5X5. I had great results with it. Must start again and get back on it!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Strong Lifts, Starting Strength, Wendler's 5/3/1

This. Even if you don't follow the programs, SS and 5/3/1 are worth reading just for the knowledge.