Newbie here!

Options
Hi All, I quit smoking a little over a year ago (for good this time!!!). I started off strong with exercise and then depression hit bad and well, let's say I gained a bunch of weight and was overweight to begin with. I just heard someone on tv say that you would not NOT keep track of the money in your checkbook and it should be no different with what you eat. I'm So glad to have found this site. I'm thinking of trying the C25K also, but I'm going to start off slow and just try to walk several times a week. Scary...

Replies

• Nessiep
    Nessiep Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    good luck...you are on the right path !!and great site.:flowerforyou:
  • jjtemple03
    jjtemple03 Posts: 11
    Options
    I had done really well on watching what I ate, excercising: 2 hours a day. Then I went in the hospital, had deaths in the family and put all of my weight back on and stopped the daily exercise. I too, am a "newbie here". I started this week. Hang in there, we will support you. Take one step at a time, one day at a time. Keeping track and being accountable for all that we eat truly does make a difference.
  • middleofseven
    Options
    Just keep your eyes on the finish line. You can get there. Glad to see you here. You can friend me if you would like.
  • kvnpoole
    kvnpoole Posts: 4
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking! I've been there myself. That's huge and quite an accomplishment in itself! Slow and steady wins the race. I started C25K a few days ago and I surprised myself. It's a great tool. I think you'll like it when you think you're ready. Best of wishes!
  • alisonwww
    alisonwww Posts: 104
    Options
    Thanks for the support!!! :oD
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    hi
  • Rainbow_Brite86
    Options
    Welcome!!! You'll absolutely love it here.