Weight loss contract

Options
CampLondon
CampLondon Posts: 239 Member
edited February 2017 in Motivation and Support
I am inspired to create my own weight loss contract. It will last for 400 days and each 100 days I reward myself if I reach my goal. Any advice on what to put into the contract. If anyone is interested on creating their own they should check out the blog.
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/The_Movie_Chair/view/my-weigh-loss-contract-911900

Replies

• DezYaoified
    DezYaoified Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    If i did this i feel id have to do maybe every 50 days. My motivation needs a little more attention then the 100 days would give me.

Im going on vacation at the end of march so every pound goal i reach i buy something for my trip ( smaller pair of pant, smaller shirt, etc) i have 9 more pounds to hit my goal ☺

I may set up a contract with a work buddy. We start losing at the same time. But while i have lost almost 30 pounds she has gained a little more then 10. This may be what she needs to get started!
  • CampLondon
    Options
    A contract with a work buddy sounds like a great idea. What is going to be a challenge is if I put one cookie a day in the contract.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I like your rewards!
    Lots of us here have lost 100+ and you can too!
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    If i did this i feel id have to do maybe every 50 days. My motivation needs a little more attention then the 100 days would give me.

Im going on vacation at the end of march so every pound goal i reach i buy something for my trip ( smaller pair of pant, smaller shirt, etc) i have 9 more pounds to hit my goal ☺

I may set up a contract with a work buddy. We start losing at the same time. But while i have lost almost 30 pounds she has gained a little more then 10. This may be what she needs to get started!

Sounds like she is not using myfitnesspal then if she has gained instead of lost! Have you shared with her the methods you used to lose 30 pounds??
  • CampLondon
    edited February 2017
    Options
    When I was successful I limited what I ate. I did Tabata training I ran for 20 seconds then walk until I felt I could run again. Pop Pilates has kept me from binging more. I noticed this last week I did not workout with Pop Pilates all I did was eat. In January, I tried yoga but did not last a week. I like workouts at home so I am going to try to continue to replace food with exercise.
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    That's actually a good idea. A weightloss contract. I like that!
  • DezYaoified
    Options

Sounds like she is not using myfitnesspal then if she has gained instead of lost! Have you shared with her the methods you used to lose 30 pounds??

Ive invited her to mfp, showed her how easy and helpful it is. She doesnt want to use it. Last time we went to the gym, she asked if i wanted to get mcdonalds after just 10 minutes.
  • nomorepuke
    nomorepuke Posts: 320 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Whatever keeps you motivated, I'd say do it. I give $10 to my coworker everytime I miss a workout. I've given her $70 since December.
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options

Ive invited her to mfp, showed her how easy and helpful it is. She doesnt want to use it. Last time we went to the gym, she asked if i wanted to get mcdonalds after just 10 minutes.

Omg WOW. No wonder she's gaining weight!
    Why wouldn't she want to use it? So odd. When I started I was desperate to find something that actually works... I would have done anything! And a free phone app and a digital scale isn't even a big investment to have to make. And obviously what you are doing is working and what she's doing isn't...
    I guess some people just aren't ready.
  • DezYaoified
    Options

Omg WOW. No wonder she's gaining weight!
    Why wouldn't she want to use it? So odd. When I started I was desperate to find something that actually works... I would have done anything! And a free phone app and a digital scale isn't even a big investment to have to make. And obviously what you are doing is working and what she's doing isn't...
    I guess some people just aren't ready.

Her husband is also losing weight. He wanted to do the couples thing but she said no bc someone needed to stay with their kids. Im not the best eater, thats not something id be able to do forever between work and family, but i also dont eat a big mac as a reward for burning 3 calories. Id hope something like a contract would be the answer and i know she wants to lose, but im not sure she really wants to do the work.
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    Yeah that Big Mac cancells out any calories burned and puts her back in a surplus. If only she tried myfitnesspal she would see that. Maybe she doesn't want to know the truth.