NSV: Canoeing!!!!!!

Options
So I'm so proud of myself I just had to share!!

I've not been in a canoe for about 5 years. Its not just extra weight that kept me off, its the awkward clumsiness that comes with it. Uncoordination and canoes DO NOT mix.

anyway, since I joined MFP I'm down about 40 pounds but have gained a lot of coordination, strength, and confidence back. So yesterday I took a risk and got into a canoe. Its was scary, but went much more smoothly getting in and out then I expected. Paddling was also not as hard as I expected it to be.

In fact it was so awesome, I'm going to try again today - only this time for longer.
:)

Replies

• jwolff7
    jwolff7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Very awesome! :D Canoeing is definitely fun!
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Congrats! We live right down the road from the AuSable River and take frequent canoe trips. Love it! Have you ever tried kayaking? Enjoy and have fun!
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    That is super cool! Way to go!
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    And I heard it burns lots of calories......
  • tlems
    tlems Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congrats! We live right down the road from the AuSable River and take frequent canoe trips. Love it! Have you ever tried kayaking? Enjoy and have fun!

I love going down the AuSable River. :)
  • snobuni08
    snobuni08 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! Overcoming a fear and burning some calories!!!
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Im going canoeing this weekend so thanks for sharing I hope I do good
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I love canoeing.
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    thanks everybody. :)
    Nope, i haven't tried kayaking yet. I want to try one that you sit on top - which I don't currently have access too. I only have acess to a very tippy one that you get strapped into - that I'm not ready for yet, but maybe in a couple of months. :)
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Im going canoeing this weekend so thanks for sharing I hope I do good

I hope you do great!! I hope you love it as much as I did. :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    How exciting!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!