Hello. New to MFP. 3 months into fitness work.

Options
Rhody_Hoosier
Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
edited February 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone...

I am new to myfitnesspal. I started on the recommendation of a friend. I had been tracking my daily protein intakes but really not much of anything else. So today I loaded the app and here I
am. Little did I know there were so many resources available.

I began my fitness work in November of 2016 by joining a gym. My high weight was 286 and what I figure was around 35%(probably more) body fat. I hit it hard, changed diet, got more sleep....AND 90 days later I am down about 60 pounds and probably under 20% body fat at this point.

I estimate that I have put back on about 3.5-4.5 pounds of muscle as I have been hitting the weights hard during this time. Eating healthy. Eliminated high sugar intake. Searching for all the resources to make myself healthier.

I also got back to playing basketball in an organized league (for the first time in 12 years!) and started hiking with various groups locally.

It's exciting to see my progress and I have some goals set up for the future that I am dedicated to hitting marks on over the next several months.

Thanks for reading!

Below is a picture of me in July of 2015 around 280 pounds. And in February of 2017 at 226. (best I can do as of right now for before and after.)

35yiusfd1ksm.jpg

41fzznasu5wp.jpg

Replies