50% carbs?

Options
Hi from Texas. New to this and noticed on my nutrition pie chart it suggests my daily intake of carbs is 50% of total ...doesn't that seem very high? Wondering what otherd think. :)

Replies

• kellyfitmama
    kellyfitmama Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Carbs aren't the enemy. It's overall calories that makes you lose.
  • cblack6314
    cblack6314 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Right, i get that. Just seemed like getting half of calories from carbs was a lot.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    It's not particularly high. Many would recommend 75% for endurance athletes, and 50% for regular folk.

No need to stress it unless you suspect some sort of metabolic issue.

As you were. :)
  • matt2673
    matt2673 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Eeek! That may be too much - of course I am a Type 2 Diabetic so I'm more like 33% carbs. Remember, not all carbs are created equal. Some cause blood sugar spikes and others are more slowly absorbed. This is why I always mix protein and carbs.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    It's fine for me. Eat less carbs if you don't like seeing it that high.
  • scottkursk
    scottkursk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too am from Texas and I'm trying for roughly 80% carb but then I also eat nearly no fat. Carbs aren't the enemy. Total calories and fat intake are what you need to be really careful of, at least for me.

Honestly, having a plan and then sticking to it is something I've noticed works best, almost regardless of the plan.
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    A lot of people have responded, but I'll put my 2 cents in. I eat less then 50% carbs. I eat 35% protein, 30% fat and 35% Carbs because I want the extra protein for muscle building. I have been through times of extreme low fat and low carb but I feel peekish during those times. Just IMO :smiley:
  • cblack6314
    cblack6314 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody, it's great hearing different points. I am focusing on the good carbs and will listen to my body. Just trying to figure out my best diet for the long run and have noticed that aftet eating carbs i get hungry in a short time period. I feel that glucose spike some too so that's why I was curious. B)