2»

Replies

• wheninroam
    wheninroam Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    wheninroam wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    How much weight have you lost during these three months? There are so many ways logging can be inaccurate including database entries and difficulties getting accurate calorie burns. If you're losing at the 1lb/week, I wouldn't mess with it. If you are losing faster, then increase your calories to match your goal rate. About 250 cals/day/0.5lb.

I've lost 8lbs so far. The last two weeks have been at a standstill.

So a bit slower that would be expected, assuming everything were completely accurate.

Have you been eyeballing foods, using a food scale to weigh things, using measuring cups, or going off package sizes for servings?

I have been using a food scale and using the packaged serving sizes for serving size/nutritional information. I think my logging has been as spot on as possible.
  • wheninroam
    Options
    AFGP11 wrote: »
    Just looking at your diary for yesterday, it looks like you drank three of your meals and only ate a small something at dinner. You need to actually eat food. Protein shakes are not food. Can I ask if you have had disordered eating issues in the past? This is VERY restrictive and seems almost punishing. Are you afraid of cooking because you think adding oil and ingredients will raise the calories too much? A healthy diet would have a few meals that would each have protein, fat and fiber along with healthy carbs to give you an energy boost. Aim for 2-3 small meals and a few snacks per day. A healthy lunch might look like 3 oz grilled chicken, a small helping of veggies like broccoli or bell peppers and maybe a small sweet potato or piece of fruit. That right there is bigger than your dinners.

It seems like you are afraid to eat. I was like that at one time but it really worked against me. I lost muscle along with fat and though I lost 60 pounds, I had a higher percent of body fat at the end than when I started. Your body needs fuel.

Yesterday (and the day before for that matter) were terrible for me, I know that and MFP wouldn't even let me close it out per say. I wish you would have looked at another day! lol. I was was overbooked on decorating cakes and didn't even think of food. But that is my problem in general.. I don't really think of food or get much hunger pains. Probably due to my long-term bad habit of having just coffee for breakfast, occasionally something for lunch, and then dinner. I've been trying to change this (not that you can tell that from yesterday) and have been focused on getting something in me for breakfast/lunch as well as a protein shake after workout. Yesterday's protein shake came at 10pm when I realized I had barely eaten anything and had to get something in me.

I think my problem has been that I have been making the mistake of believing healthy=low calorie. So when I've been eating all of these low-calorie meals, I'm filled but not coming close to meeting my minimum calorie requirements.

Thank you for your insight:)
  • wheninroam
    Options
    Thank you for everyone's replies. They have been VERY helpful and insightful. I've apparently been focusing on low-calorie foods, thinking that was the way to go, and then of course being frustrated when I can't meet the minimum requirements. Seems so obvious now of course, but I had been in the mind set to avoid the burgers, opt for egg whites in order eat healthy. I've got the calorie dense list bookmarked and will certainly put in an effort for this week!
  • ActionAnnieJXN
    ActionAnnieJXN Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    OP, it sounds like you are figuring things out nicely. Low calorie foods enable us to eat a greater quantity of food, but if that is not important to you or is even problematic on busy days, there is nothing wrong with eating more calorie dense foods instead, but merely in smaller portions. I've lost over 100 lbs eating mostly small portions of calorie dense foods myself. Good luck to you - you can get it worked out!