Want to get lean

Options
the plan is too eat 1200 -1400 calories daily , (im only 4ft 11) , and do body pump x3 a week . Does this sound like a good plan to get lean / loose weight ?

Replies

• jnducharme
    jnducharme Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I would try to exercise a bit more. Adding 2 HIIT workouts minimum per week would be a really good idea. Bodypump is a good strength workout so adding a couple fat burning HIIT sessions will help you to burn off body fat to show the muscle underneath.
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    the plan is too eat 1200 -1400 calories daily , (im only 4ft 11) , and do body pump x3 a week . Does this sound like a good plan to get lean / loose weight ?

Could you also tell your current weight, and your goal weight? I would simply follow MFP daily goals though. You wanna lose probably 1lb/week or 0.5lb's depending on your weight. Don't set very high goals if you're close to your target. For weight loss you don't even need to workout, simply eat at a caloric deficit. Although I would definitely recommend working out for your overall healthy.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    subcounter wrote: »

Could you also tell your current weight, and your goal weight? I would simply follow MFP daily goals though. You wanna lose probably 1lb/week or 0.5lb's depending on your weight. Don't set very high goals if you're close to your target. For weight loss you don't even need to workout, simply eat at a caloric deficit. Although I would definitely recommend working out for your overall healthy.

This^^. Plug in your stats and don't be too aggressive with your goals if you are close to your goal weight. If you can, incorporate some weight training and stick to your MFP calorie goals. Don't make things too complicated.
  • jnducharme
    Options
    Great points. Eating at a calorie deficit is the most important part and having exercise goals you can stick to. You don't look like you have a ton of weight to lose from your picture so slow and steady is definitely the key if you want to keep it off, no more than 1lb/week. Feel free to add me if you'd like more thoughts on exercise :)
  • Fivefootcaloriecounter
    Options
    Current pic <<<<<
    Im 4ft 11 and want to loose a stone
  • jnducharme
    Options
    If you stick to that calorie goal (1200-1400) you shouldn't have a problem losing 1 stone :)
  • soluna777
    soluna777 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new in the MFP thing and I'm in the same situation. 4ft 11 139 pounds, 34%? Bf and want to lose 20 lbs. I'm looking to do a weightlifting routine but not so sure what's right for me and no money to pay a trainer. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Tia.
  • ShareeEmma
    ShareeEmma Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I like this post it's just what I'm looking for I hope u don't mind I added you as a friend... for motivational purposes :) I'm 5'2 about 24% body fat but I'm finding that unless I cut calories massively I'm not loosing weight then when I stick to my 1200 ish a day I don't loose weight my body fat on the scales goes up slightly yet I look more toned... maybe I should ditch the scales all together. I want to be around 15% body fat