The Diamond Challenge: Week 1 (Little Diamonds)

Options

Replies

• princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD(Jul 20) : I know we are trying to be healthy. But what is the best or favorite icecream you had in your whole life :tongue:
    It's a tie! Chocolate Chip Cookie dough in waffle cone from Braum's
    439292194_a11512735d.jpg (obviously not chocolate chip cookies dough, but you get idea)

And Dairy Queen Double Fudge Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (do I sense a theme?) rofl
    3.jpg

Okay, now I want some!
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD(Jul 20) : I know we are trying to be healthy. But what is the best or favorite icecream you had in your whole life :tongue:

Chocolate cake batter ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery. If you saw my post a couple of days ago about how I used to make cake batters just to eat them, then the best ice cream I've ever had shouldn't be a surprise :)
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD: During our weight loss journey a lot of times we focus on what is wrong with us. Name one body part of yours that you love and do something today to enhance that part and let us know what it will be.

Hmmm...for me its a tie between my eyes (I had laser surgery a year ago and love them now!) and my hair - which I always hated growing up because of the natural wave in it....now I love it since it just takes 2 minutes to do in the morning - so I popped in a hair band today!!
    Wednesday QOTD(Jul 20) : I know we are trying to be healthy. But what is the best or favorite icecream you had in your whole life

Oh Ice Cream - how I love you! My brother owns a drive in restaurant, and I worked there in my teens, and worked a bit in my late 20's as well....30 ish flavours of icecream!!!! Ahhhh - it was heaven! I would say of all my favourites was a kind called Carmel Pecan Fudge - it was carmel icecream, pralined pecans, with a think, gooey ripple of chocolate fudge running through it! YUM!!! I could make a meal of it :embarassed:
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options

For me it would have to be a Haagen Dazs vanilla & milk chocolate ice cream bars...outside of that the only ice cream I will eat is Strawberry...LOL!

Well actually it may be an oreo flurry from Sonic..if that counts!
  • Mandyw58
    Mandyw58 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD(Jul 20) : I know we are trying to be healthy. But what is the best or favorite icecream you had in your whole life

Without a doubt, it's huckleberry ice cream. I happened to see it while on vacation in Oregon at a tiny stand on the side of the road, and again when I visited the Tillamook factory. I'm seriously tempted to drive down to Oregon with a huge cooler just to get more of it. Tillamook does make a commercial version, but it's just not the same. If summer ever arrives in British Columbia, I'm going to try making homemade huckleberry ice cream.
  • LadyByrd77
    LadyByrd77 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

I LOVE LOVE LOVE COLD STONE ICECREAM!! Just about any flavor but they have a cheese cake flavor that I mix graham cracker crumbs and strawberries in. Ahhh, Nothing beats it for me!

I would have to Haagen Daz vanilla swiss almond.....I just love it!
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

There is a movie theater in town that serves gelatto. I've never had gelatto anywhere else, but that stuff is to die for. Hmm.. now I want some :ohwell:

Oops... the bottom portion was my answer
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options

OK. Well, I do like ice cream but I like hot fudge even better (LOL) so I'm going to say Dairy Queen's Peanut Buster Parfait. I haven't had one for decades, but I keep remembering the layer of hot fudge and peanuts on the bottom! For store-bought variety it's a tie between French Silk or Cherry Garcia.
  • lisa_lotte
    lisa_lotte Posts: 216
    Options

thisis probably a bit boring but i LOVE just plain chocolate ice cream.... nothing better!!!!!
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options

I have a definite winner, which is honey nutmeg ice cream. I have only eaten it a couple of times from a shop in California called Ici. (French for "here"...as in the ice cream is made here in the shop). Words cannot describe how delicious it is!

ici-collage.jpg
  • thebutteredtoast
    Options

cake batter most definitely. :D
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options
    Qotd Wednesday: I know I am strange but I don't really like icecream. I only really eat it when I am lacking energy and am on a sugar binge... And I can't find anything else in the house! That said, I had a Turkish delight flavour icecream once which was rather yummy and also I do like clotted cream icecream (kelly's cornish)
    Now if you asked me about cheese I would have a lot more to say!
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options

my favorite ice cream is turkey hill light moosetracks :) delicious! i also love dusty roads sundaes :)
  • brknllama
    brknllama Posts: 113 Member
    Options

It definantly has to be cookie dough icecream.....
  • Latoyamary
    Latoyamary Posts: 140
    Options

I LOVE LOVE LOVE COLD STONE ICECREAM!! Just about any flavor but they have a cheese cake flavor that I mix graham cracker crumbs and strawberries in. Ahhh, Nothing beats it for me!
    [/quote

Strawberry and cream with real strawberries
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Thursday's QOTD (7/21): What is your favorite fun, active thing to do that is not a regulated workout? (*Ahem*, keep it PG folks :wink: ). This might be something you get to do on a regular basis, or it might be something you've only had the opportunity to do a few times, like kayaking or rock climbing. If nothing comes to mind, make a plan to do something active this week. Have fun!

For me, it's playing with my boyfriend's daughter. I love to play ball with her. She's 2, so "playing ball" basically means rolling the ball to her and then running after it when she doesn't go get it. I also like to chase her around the house, or put her on my back and crawl around with her. Yeah, we pretty much adore each other. Another of my favorites is dancing. I don't go dancing much anymore, but I still like to act goofy, have fun, and dance around the house. :smile:
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options

Hmm I love all icecream :happy: but my favorite is mint choc chip :love: , I was known to get a 2ltr tub and a spoon and eat the whole thing in one go!! Must say that I am so envious of all your yummy flavoured ice creams, in Australia ours are pretty boring, never seen cookie dough icecream but I bet that tastes divine :smile:

Having a little trouble keeping up with these QOTD, I blame the time difference :tongue:
  • Mandyw58
    Mandyw58 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thursday's QOTD (7/21): What is your favorite fun, active thing to do that is not a regulated workout?

Probably my favourite activity that I get to do regularly is rock climbing. I love the physical and mental challenge. My other favourite activity would have to be scuba diving, but I don't get to do that nearly as often as I would like. In itself it isn't much of a calorie burner, but hauling tanks and gear sure is! Getting into scuba diving was one of the main reasons I was able to drop over 30 lbs without even thinking about my diet. Plus, some of the best people I've ever met are divers and climbers.
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Thursday's QOTD (7/21): What is your favorite fun, active thing to do that is not a regulated workout? (*Ahem*, keep it PG folks :wink: ). This might be something you get to do on a regular basis, or it might be something you've only had the opportunity to do a few times, like kayaking or rock climbing. If nothing comes to mind, make a plan to do something active this week. Have fun!

Well I love mountain biking, windsurfing and snorkeling! I can go mountain biking at home, when the weather is okay. But I have to drive for about 2 hours to get to a lake where I can windsurf and snorkeling is just a thing for my holidays, there are no places therefore around here!

Looking forward to see all your answers!