simple chicken recipe

Options
It's about that time (grocery shopping time) so we're running low on things. The kids want chicken tonight. Does anyone know of any SIMPLE recipes? One that uses very few ingredients, and that can be cooked on a skillet, or in the crock-pot? (I refuse to heat up the house with the oven in this 100+ degree weather!)

Replies

• _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Chicken

some of her recipes are a little more difficult, but she always has some basic ones. I have tried many of her recipes and they are all great!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    chicken (breast, thigh, legs - doesnt' matter). remove skin.

two big cans of organic no sodium added crushed tomatoes

veggies - I like green onions and some peppers

natural herbs and spices

Toss into crockpot on low or simmer, prob a couple hours, keep checking on it.

voila!
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    We eat this alot.

Crockpot Chicken Tacos

2 large frozen breasts
    1 can rotel
    1 pkg taco seasoning

Mix together rotel & taco seasoning in crockpot. Lay chicken breast on top of the mixture and spoon some on top of the chicken. Cook on low 4 to 6 hrs. Shred and serve in taco shells or as a topping for taco salad with all the "fixins".
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite: Brown chicken breasts (4) in 2T olive oil. Add a can of italian tomatoes (basil, garlic and oregeno), cover and simmer till the chicken is almost done. Add 2 cups baby spinach, cover and simmer a few more minutes. When chicken is done, sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Yummy!
  • JennyJH
    JennyJH Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Chicken dippers - cut chicken into strips, season and flour, shallow fry in a low cal oil
    Chicken, rice and peas - put rice on to cook with chicken or veg stock cube, cut chicken into strips and sear in pan then add to rice. Cook for 15 minutes then add frozen peas. Cook for further 5 minutes.

Or there is chicken stir fry, chicken fried rice, chicken curry, grilled chicked, grilled stuffed chicken.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    cut chicken breasts into chunks. dip in egg, dredge in panko bread crumbs, put on pam-sprayed pan and bake ... YUM!
  • kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Quick and Easy chicken. It is sooooo tasty, even my pickiest eater loves it.

Olive Oil Spray
    1 onion, chopped
    4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    3 tablespoons ketchup
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    3 tablespoons splenda
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    1 teaspoon ground black pepper

Saute onion in spray until translucent.
    Add chicken, and brown lightly.
    Combine ketchup, soy sauce, sugar, lemon juice, and pepper; mix well. Pour over chicken, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.

Great with Couscous!
  • nburns325
    nburns325 Posts: 174
    Options
    YUMMY!!!
  • sandy729
    sandy729 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry now...These recipes are great!
  • previn84
    previn84 Posts: 48
    Options
    We eat this alot.

Crockpot Chicken Tacos

2 large frozen breasts
    1 can rotel
    1 pkg taco seasoning

Mix together rotel & taco seasoning in crockpot. Lay chicken breast on top of the mixture and spoon some on top of the chicken. Cook on low 4 to 6 hrs. Shred and serve in taco shells or as a topping for taco salad with all the "fixins".

I make something like this only in a casserole/lasagna form. I add seasoned black beans and use fajita seasoning instead of taco. Layer with tortillas and shredded cheese and bake til bubbly.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    if you get steambags..you can steam boneless skinless chicken breast...just add some mrs. dash or lemon pepper or something
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Chicken Tenders

chicken tenderloins or breasts cut into strips
    egg
    low fat ranch dressing
    corn flake crumbs
    red pepper or garlic powder or mrs. dash or whatever spice appeals to you
    grated parmesan cheese

In small bowl, beat egg with a splurt of ranch dressing.
    In shallow pan, stir cornflake crumbs, spice, and grated parmesan parmesan cheese. (maybe about 1/2 inch of crumbs and a couple spoons of cheese, and a couple shakes of spice ... more or less depending on your own tastes and how much chicken you have).
    Dip chicken in egg mixture and then roll in crumbs.
    Bake at around 350 degrees for about 20 minutes (maybe more depending on how thick the chicken is)
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Two ingredients: boneless skinless chicken (I like thighs). And lemon pepper seasoning. Sprinkle on both sides of chicken and cook until done. I have done this on the grill and in the oven. A pan would be fine as well, I'm sure. This is great eaten hot, with a vegge and rice or something on the side. Make extra to use in sandwiches and cut up on a salad. It is yummy cold as well. Enjoy!
  • JenUB
    JenUB Posts: 84
    Options
    Dig in your chip cupboard for an almost empty bag of Doritos (any flavor).
    Crunch up into crumbs.
    Cut thawed chicken breasts into sliced or chunks.
    Roll in flour, then egg, then Doritos.
    Bake on a cookie sheet at 375 for 20-25 minutes.