Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Gradual tan

tonilizzy88
tonilizzy88 Posts: 920 Member
hi all since starting to loose weight i want a tan to look that little bit healthier.... ive bought some dove moisturiser with gradual tan in it as ive been advised against sun beds. anyone else reccomend any good ones??

Replies

• I like the Jergens Natural Glow gradual tanning.
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    BUMP
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    I like the Jergens Natural Glow gradual tanning.

Me too, especially now that they have different levels (it's nice for pasty whites like me). :wink:
  • eamconnor
    eamconnor Posts: 130 Member
    I understand the desire to tan, and I don't even mind what I look like after having been in the sun a bit. But I know -- and I'm sure you know -- that any tanning is a protective response to a burn and ultimately you're increasing your chances of wrinkles and skin cancer. Modest tan equates to modest risk, but not no risk. Think sunblock.
  • superdrugs own brand
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    My advice is to not apply after a shower or shave. The lotions can cause darker spots in and around your pores. Plus for me, it burns.
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    I second the Jergens Natural Glow. Just make sure you exfoliate before you do. (I like St Ives Apricot scrub for the exfoliating)
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,170 Member
    i have the dove one. seems okay. i havent gone orange yet
  • tonilizzy88
    i have the dove one. seems okay. i havent gone orange yet
    im on day 3 of it and i walked into work today and the girls asked if id been on a sun bed
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Whatever you do, don't spray tan! I tried it for the first time (I'm so pale I get compared to Casper) and it came out very uneven and orangey in some areas. Now it seems its melting off in certain places, like were my sports bra is usually is now outlined on my body. I also have lines from my flip flops, and my feet look dirty most of the time. *Sigh* I fear I will be pasty white forever. :sad:
  • aimgirl
    aimgirl Posts: 50 Member
    Ocean Potion- Ever Glow
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    I understand the desire to tan, and I don't even mind what I look like after having been in the sun a bit. But I know -- and I'm sure you know -- that any tanning is a protective response to a burn and ultimately you're increasing your chances of wrinkles and skin cancer. Modest tan equates to modest risk, but not no risk. Think sunblock.

She was asking for brands of self tanners...the lotion. Not going out in the sun........
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,046 Member
    Hola!! Lay out in the sun twice a week for about 45 minutes or so depending on how you feel! you will have an awesome tan in no time! Just look at my awesomely tanned complexion!
    careful though.....dont burn...
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    As much as I adore BeerRunner... it's bad for your skin. Natural tanning causes wrinkles and skin cancer (especially if you're fair).

The Jergens Natural Glow works well, but smells like pretzels lol I have the brand of sunless tanner from Bath and Body Works (tru blu spa I believe) and I LOVE it! It smells wonderful and adds a great color without streaking. I used it three days in a row and then every other day for a while. Great stuff!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Knowing the risk of tanning, I still do it. I feel 100% more confident when I havea nice tan and it hides the many skin imperfections I have and I feel slimmer. I'd rather live a confident, happy life liking my appearance than hide myself from the sun because there is a chance it could give me cancer.
  • tonilizzy88
    Hola!! Lay out in the sun twice a week for about 45 minutes or so depending on how you feel! you will have an awesome tan in no time! Just look at my awesomely tanned complexion!
    careful though.....dont burn...
    i live in wet windy wales we get around 1 day of lovely sun a month lol
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    LOREAL SELF BROZING LOTION. they have different levels of darkness and if you take your time rubbing it in you will NOT streak and it looks natural as can be. I LOVE IT. you can find it walmart and it lasts quite awhile. other than that i spray tan once a week and love that even more :)
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    St Tropez gradual tanner by far. Most natural colour and streak freak I've found
  • grimms11208
    grimms11208 Posts: 146 Member
    hi all since starting to loose weight i want a tan to look that little bit healthier.... ive bought some dove moisturiser with gradual tan in it as ive been advised against sun beds. anyone else reccomend any good ones??

OMG where did you find it? In my opinion this is the BEST tanner it smells nice and it doesnt leave streaks!
  • tonilizzy88

OMG where did you find it? In my opinion this is the BEST tanner it smells nice and it doesnt leave streaks!

its on offer in superdrug at the moment for £2.55 UK