BMR vs Calories consumed

Options
My BMR indictor suggests I need 1,400 calories. Yet, I'm only consuming a net of 1,200 calories. Should I increase my caloric consumption? Could this by why I'm not see these last 10 lbs come off?

Replies

• girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    yes.

If by BMR you mean your resting calorie needs (some people mix up that and maintenance or TDEE).

If you only have a few more lbs to lose then you should be eating around you BMR or higher. Yes your deficit will be much less
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    As I understand it your BMR is the amount of cals you would need per day if you did literally nothing.

If your BMR is 1400 then by taking 1200 cals per day there is still a defecit, ergo you will still lose... albe it slowing.

Someone will be along to explain it a bit more techinically than me soon LOL!
  • girlinahat
    Options
    As I understand it your BMR is the amount of cals you would need per day if you did literally nothing.

If your BMR is 1400 then by taking 1200 cals per day there is still a defecit, ergo you will still lose... albe it slowing.

Someone will be along to explain it a bit more techinically than me soon LOL!

if your BMR is 1400 then your maintenance calories are 1680 leaving a deficit of 480 if your target calories are 1200. That is probably too high a deficit for someone who only has a few more lbs to lose. I would eat 1400.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Alot of you are incorrect.

If her BMR is 1400 then if she has just a MODERATE lifestyle during a 24 hour period, then her MAINTENANCE is roughly 2000 calories.

You must take everything you do during the day into account.
  • girlinahat
    Options
    Alot of you are incorrect.

If her BMR is 1400 then if she has just a MODERATE lifestyle during a 24 hour period, then her MAINTENANCE is roughly 2000 calories.

You must take everything you do during the day into account.

I was working on the MINIMUM TDEE using these calculations:

from a random website:
    Once you know your BMR (basal metabolic rate) then use your daily activity factor to get your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE):

-Sedentary................BMR x 1.2 (little exercise)

-Lightly active...........BMR x 1.375 (light exercise)

-Moderately active.....BMR x 1.55 (moderate exercise)

-Very active.............BMR x 1.725 (hard exercise)

-Extremely active......BMR x 1.9 (hard exercise daily)
  • RippedNShredded
    Options
    My BMR indictor suggests I need 1,400 calories. Yet, I'm only consuming a net of 1,200 calories. Should I increase my caloric consumption? Could this by why I'm not see these last 10 lbs come off?

You'll have to increase your calorie intake. 2000-2100

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm