Hi! Cancer Survivor Need encouragement!

Options
karanschneider81
karanschneider81 Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2017 in Introduce Yourself
HI! Have been battling cancer since last summer and just got the green light to get back on "tracker ". Have to take this slow as I was also diagnosed with PVC's related to heart.

Replies

• FarewellBlues
    FarewellBlues Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! Focusing on getting good, nutrient dense foods in your diet will no doubt help you keep up your health and energy. I have a few cancer survivors in my life, many of them substantially improved the effectiveness of their treatments and decreased side effects by paying attention to their diets.
    I don't know much about the PVCs, but I'm sure you'll keep in touch with your doctors. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • wislawcat
    wislawcat Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am also recovering from battling cancer since last summer. Mine was Breast cancer. I did swimming to start 1 or 2 days a week. Take it slow and build. I also saw a nutritionist who stressed the importance of high levels of protein to help rebuild the healthy tissue damaged by the treatment -- especially within 30 min of completing a cardio workout. After weeks of exhaustion, one day it was like a switch -- I just felt normal again. Now I am up to exercising 5-6 times a week 35-55 min a time. I monitor heart rate etc. do what feels right to you use it as your time it's okay to be self-focused !! You deserve it. I saw an article that uses the term "thriver" instead of "survivor". And that is my goal -- to thrive!! Please feel free to message me happy to be there for you!!
  • ltkueckerncap031
    Options
    Breast cancer thriver here. Getting started on this weight loss journey is not an easy one. I started a month ago just vounting calories and lostc7 lbs. But now I am stuck and need to loose more. Need tips please. Thanks!!
  • karanschneider81
    Options
    :) Thanks for letting me know there is someone else struggling with cancer and weight loss!!! The steroids really adds the pounds!!!
    I had breast cancer, too. Finished with the heavy chemo. Only go back once a month for Herceptin. Have one week left of Radiation. I drive over 100 miles a day for the Radiation. ☹️ Hard to get motivated to workout or eat properly with all that driving and the Radiation zapping my energy!!! Just want to grab something really quick and easy to eat and take a nap.
  • vwhitehorne
    vwhitehorne Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    11-year breast cancer survivor here. I have a suggestion that may work. On a day when you're feeling reasonably well, try to prepare healthy food for several days. That way it is easy to grab something on those days when energy is hard to come by.

Above all, though, make a point to be kind to yourself every day to counteract the unkindness of the disease and treatment.
  • Unbreakable071766
    Unbreakable071766 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I too am a cancer survivor. I often think about gearing more towards more cancer free friendly foods. Anyway, wanted to say God Bless!!! I will be happy to encourage and support you on your journey back!!!