What makes you an MFP addict?

Options
OneBryteSmile
OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
I'm a MFP addict because instead of working right now I'm writing this post.

I'm a MFP addict because sometimes I refuse to eat until I check my MFP diary first.

What makes you a MFP addict? C'mon don't be shy.

Replies

• BGabbart
    BGabbart Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am a MFP addict, because I check this site 20 times a day and read all the postings I can. also facebook is not longer where I go to check up on my friends. lol
  • giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm an addict because I look forward to seeing all my friends succeed and secretly yearn to be there to help support them when they are struggling a bit.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Well, I just deleted my facebook account..
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    I'm happy maintaining my weight but MFP keep my eye on the prize. Focus, focus, focus...
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I guess im just addicted because i like to look through everyone's accomplishments & also to look through diary's periodically to get food ideas! Its a finess facebook lol
  • Kmarr32010
    Kmarr32010 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I WAS a total FB junkie! Loved it and constantly checking or updating now. Now I'm ALWAYS on here updating my food or exercise diaries, checking up on my MFP friends, or reading the post here. Still keeping my FB account but don't use it nearly as much as I did!
  • ckidd311
    ckidd311 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm a MFP addict becuase I check this more than FB
    I'm a MFP addict because I am on it all day long (thank you work PC and Droid 2)
    I'm a MFP addict because I try to get all of my friends to sign up and use it
  • JoBFit
    JoBFit Posts: 81
    Options
    I am a MFP addict because I can't imagine doing without it!!
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options

I've been seriously contemplating doing the same lol.
  • Dawnersaurus
    Dawnersaurus Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Calorie counter and the ppl who've added me to :""friends" section who msg me to keep me accountable.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Rod and I'm not a MFP addict...

Why?

Simple, I ditched my last addiciton (nicotine) 5 months ago and swore not to get addicted to anything else. That being said however I do spend a awful lot of time in here... the reasons for that are many but here are some:

- Great Database of foods
    - Easy to use and track food and exercise on the go
    - Free to use as opposed to other systems that really offer no advantage for the price they charge
    - Fantastic community of people that are always available to help one another
    - Great source of information
    - Many friends that motivate me daily to become better
    - Easy to share with my partner
    - Easy to track goals
    - Progress reports
    - Nutrition Reports

These are just a small number of great features of MFP, I'd probably stay here all day to try to list them all but now I really need to go stretch after my daily exercise.

Be back later!! :)
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    the fact that everytime i see a thread about being addicted to mfp i post,

if i'm not on mfp on my computer at home, i'm on it on my phone, and i dont even have an app!

i get in trouble at home for being on it too much

i've earned a nickname only on mfp ( well i am awesome and all so i deserve it lol)
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options

I've been seriously contemplating doing the same lol.

What's that button that google just created??? Ohhh yeah ... .+1
  • bethy0316
    bethy0316 Posts: 75
    Options
    I am an addict because so many of the stories and people on here inspire me ... and it's truly exciting to see everyones progress week to week.

I love MFP. ♥
  • skinz2k2
    skinz2k2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I find this the most encouraging way to connect with people. Here is a group of people who are focused with goals and want each other to succeed. What's better than that?
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I'm a MFP addict becuase I check this more than FB
    I'm a MFP addict because I am on it all day long (thank you work PC and Droid 2)
    I'm a MFP addict because I try to get all of my friends to sign up and use it

^^ this ^^

and ditto! :drinker:
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    Hi, my name is Rod and I'm not a MFP addict...

Why?

Simple, I ditched my last addiciton (nicotine) 5 months ago and swore not to get addicted to anything else. That being said however I do spend a awful lot of time in here... the reasons for that are many but here are some:

- Great Database of foods
    - Easy to use and track food and exercise on the go
    - Free to use as opposed to other systems that really offer no advantage for the price they charge
    - Fantastic community of people that are always available to help one another
    - Great source of information
    - Many friends that motivate me daily to become better
    - Easy to share with my partner
    - Easy to track goals
    - Progress reports
    - Nutrition Reports

These are just a small number of great features of MFP, I'd probably stay here all day to try to list them all but now I really need to go stretch after my daily exercise.

Be back later!! :)

LOL, great reasons though!
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    MFP has given me control over my health (via diet and exercise tracking). I'm a believer and I can't live without it.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much on here all day, and lurk just about everywhere. And finally, a tool that has proved successful to me. This is this smallest I've ever been in a looong time and still losing.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    im an MFP addict because i check MFP while on the elliptical...