New to Community

Options
kelpaint
kelpaint Posts: 18 Member
My name is Kelli, I'm 34 and in the middle of a "lifestyle change." I quit smoking on 1/12/11 and joined a small gym with my boyfriend (aka spousal equivalent). We have made exercise an almost daily part of our life - I am averaging 5 days a week and work with a trainer monthly to receive instructions and a new workout for the month. I am extremely proud of this change, but the weight just isn't coming off!

I have always battled my weight. I am 5'4" and have weighed as much as 190 and as little as 128 in the past 10 years. I am currently at 160 and have a goal of 130. I am hoping closely tracking my nutrition and the community support will help me reach my goal. I make really smart decisions for a few days and then eat an entire bag of Twizzlers or enough Milk Duds to feed a kindergarten class!

I welcome any new friends and thanks in advance for joining me on my journey.

Kel

Replies

• kbenage
    kbenage Posts: 11
    Options
    First of CoNgRaDuLaTiOnS! on quitting smoking! That is fantastic!! Also, it sounds like you have some great goals ahead of you. Continued good luck to you!
  • jmsutton
    jmsutton Posts: 3
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new here too and like you just started going to the gym. My hubby and I go every other day but so far I haven't see a dip in the scale so I need to look at my food intake which is why I jointed MFP. It looks like we want to lose about the same amount of weight so if you need a buddy just let me know. Good luck!
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our family
    First, congratulations on quiting smoking, best thing you've done ever.
    I love to support and motivate friends. So you're more than welcome to add me as friend.
    I will love to help you reach your goal and be healthy once and for all :smile:
  • kakes80
    kakes80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking! I signed up today! Add me if you like! This is a great community from what I see so far!