175lbs Down and I don't recognize myself anymore!

Replies

• Amazinn22
    Amazinn22 Posts: 3 Member

I just joined myfitpal yesterday congrats on you weight loss I'm 39 morbidly obese 390 to 400 may be more I'm trying to get a life for my son I been fat for almost my entire adult life I gained lots of ailments over the years cardiovascular high blood pressure and a bad back you heard it all before I'm sure I'm in pain most of the time its like my skeleton bones and muscles hurt and take more time to stop hurting than normal size people when you started you journey what where some of the things you did to stop pain or did you just fight thru it and at my weight should I walk or bike ride to start
  • highlightshadow
    highlightshadow Posts: 116 Member
    Amazing work!!! So very impressed and inspired
  • Amazinn22
    Amazinn22 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you for this advice and info I'm going to take it to heart and change my life I'm a hit the weights light though lol ✌
  • Ms_Consistency
    Ms_Consistency Posts: 46 Member
    What an inspiration!! You look great!
  • TCB40Life
    TCB40Life Posts: 15 Member
    Amazing I am a work in progress but I am enjoying it!!!
  • dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    Wow! Amazing! What an inspiration!
  • wildfire1204
    wildfire1204 Posts: 237 Member
    This is truly a great share, and just the motivation I needed to slowly begin lifting again. Congrats on this awesome success!
  • tufntender
    tufntender Posts: 98 Member
    You look awesome. Thank you for sharing.

I will show this to a dear friend of mine who is obese and has said a million times he needs to diet or lose weight or change his eating habits. Go on this diet or that diet, Become a vegetation. I have heard it all. It has never happened.

I have known him most all of my adult life. He has had diabetes probably most of his life but refused to go to the doctor. He finally had to go a couple of years back because of an illness and of course his sugar was sky high and he was put on medication.
    In addition to this, his eyesight has gotten blurry and he now has to go to an eye doctor and get some sort of shot in his eye ( shudder). His ankles and knees hurt constantly.
    I spent some time with him not too long ago and cooked healthy food while I was there but found fast food bags in his truck, he said he was addicted to fast food.
    Maybe your post will help. I remember when we were young, he was overweight but he was lifting weights and enjoyed it, and he still has a weight bench, so maybe this hits home for him. Sorry for the ramble but I care about my friend deeply and I don't want to lose him.
  • tufntender
    tufntender Posts: 98 Member
    Sorry, that should read vegetarian, would not let me edit :)
  • FlakeyMusician
    FlakeyMusician Posts: 15 Member
    Please show him!! I was in a similar boat. It's rough, but not impossible. I'm proof of that. Instead of being addicted to food, I became addicted to progress. Addicted to seeing if any more changes happened to my body. It's always exciting. Feel free to add me and/or msg me if you need any help!
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    You look incredible and are truly inspiring! Congrats on your success!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Wow. Smart stuff here. What a great read. Determination and commitment will get you the results you want. AND if you do the work, you can still sit on your butt and play video games! :)
  • akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    WTAF!
  • newgirl57
    newgirl57 Posts: 43 Member
    That's an amazing transformation! You have definitely inspired me to keep going. I've only lost 9 pounds so far, but I feel better now! Sending friend request!
  • abbelina04
    abbelina04 Posts: 280 Member
    Wow! Thank you for sharing!!!
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Congrats, one word to describe you inspiring
  • Shannibal
    Shannibal Posts: 103 Member
    Man, that is awesome! Congrats.
  • crr10a
    crr10a Posts: 4 Member
    So inspiring! I'm just getting started on my journey and seeing that this much of a transformation is possible if I just stuck with it really motivates me to stick with my exercise. Thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!