Focusing on healthy habits

Options
Hi all :)

Looking for some buddies/motivators to help me on my journey. I'm on a long path. I had gastric sleeve surgery in April last year. I'm down 44kg since my sleeve. 57kg from my heaviest weight. I haven't really decided on a goal weight, but thinking I'd like to lose another 15-20kg.

Wanting to focus on small health goals. Things like meditation, meal planning, prepping food in advance, packing lunch, exercise (different forms), increasing step goals etc.

Would love to know your healthy habits and how you initiated them :)

Replies

• _NMW
    _NMW Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to increase my water intake as I don't drink enough, so I have purchased a Hydrate M8 bottle which shows you how much to drink and when throughout the day. I've made a commitment to go to the gym at least 3 times a week and have entered a 10km race (in 2 weeks time) as motivation to get me to train and workout. Last week I really focused on healthy eating and watching my macros and was surprised at how I managed to resist unhealthy food - I was even at a conference where free food was offered (cookies, cakes, etc) and I didn't feel inclined to eat anything. Friday has been Chinese takeaway night for years - it's like family tradition haha - but after a great week and a really good gym session with my fiance on Friday, we opted for a healthier option instead.

I have also made measurements of my stomach, thighs, etc so that even if the scale doesn't move, I have another option to check progress. Me and my fiance are looking at joining a gym class, but we are yet to decide which one. He's starting a new job next week and has bought containers for his food prep so that he can take healthy meals to work, and I will be doing the same.

For me, I started running to help me lose a few pounds (recently engaged and have a wedding to plan), however I have since found that I enjoy running as it gives me a way to push myself and I can track my progress, set goals and enter races for medals which motivates me, so now I find that I'm trying to lose weight to help improve my running haha. I think it's just about finding something that you enjoy, and then the rest will fall into place.
  • jadeh218
    jadeh218 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks heaps. Water is one i need to focus on too!!