Cravings and Weightloss

Options
Hi everyone,

I have always had bad cravings and it's so hard to ignore them. Not matter how much I exercise or try and eat good I do not lose any weight, I'm more likely to put it on. What am I do?!?

Replies

• Hello_its_Dan
    Hello_its_Dan Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Well, how much are you eating daily and how much do you weigh?
    What's your age and height?

What type of activity do you do?
    Are you generally sedentary?
    Moderately Active?
    Extremely active?

Do you sleep well at night?
    What's your stress like?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    bromeo8594 wrote: »
    I have always had bad cravings and it's so hard to ignore them. Not matter how much I exercise or try and eat good I do not lose any weight, I'm more likely to put it on. What am I do?!?

If you don't stick to a calorie deficit, you won't lose weight. But if you stick to a calorie deficit, you will lose weight.

Do you need to lose weight? What's your height and weight?
    What is your calorie set goal to?

Are you exercising to the point of exhaustion?
    What do you mean by "eat good", and why can't you do that consistently (you just try to do it)?

Answer these questions and maybe we can offer suggestions. Or maybe you'll see a solution yourself.
  • Taliafinch
    Taliafinch Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    What are you craving for? No need to ban anything. Just work it in to your calorie allowance.
  • Sedu1906
    Sedu1906 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    At some point you'll have to control the cravings to some degree. And it depends on your fitness goals. I'll trying to lose weight around my abs and I have a history of diabetes and heart disease in my family, so my craving for sugary sweets can keep the weight on and pose a health risk.

I have a very hard time controlling my cravings.
  • jenmek
    jenmek Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Exercise doesn't ease cravings. You'd be much better off either finding a substitute for your cravings or giving into them, in moderation. If you pull back too much, you'll binge. This happened to me and I don't wish that on anyone.

If you're exercising and not losing, then you may not be eating enough. The other folks offered good questions and suggestions. This is a process and you'll have to figure out what's right for your body.

Contrary to popular belief, exercise and starving yourself won't always result in weight loss. In order to lose weight, you need to eat.