Slow losers, come join me!

Options
Due to metabolism, age, high goal, etc. I don't anticipate reaching the end of my journey too quickly. If you have more to lose or plan to make more gradual change, add me! I'm happy for those who aspire to lose 10 pounds a month, but that's not my reality, and I'd like to find similar people.

Replies

• MarylandRose
    MarylandRose Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    So much yes to slow and steady. I don't have much to lose, and I'm letting my body guide this more than picking a number and trying to reach it. I'm lifting weights regularly for the first time in my life (Body Pump) so I have no idea how much healthy-me-with-baby-muscles should weigh. Focusing on eating well (or at least "ok") and tracking food/exercise in MFP.
  • poofus73
    poofus73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Me, me, me. I am trying to make slow changes that I can actually stick to. I will be happy for a few pounds each month.
  • raydeenleid1139
    raydeenleid1139 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join
  • AlisalGal
    AlisalGal Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    OMG yes! My metabolism have always been s...l...o...w... and menopause has slowed it down even more. I could use some support on my weight loss journey as well.
  • TheDiaryOfAFatGirl
    Options
    I'm not a slow loser, but I am losing and the more support people can get, the better. :) Feel free to add me if you would like. :)
  • Acc543
    Acc543 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes, slow is the my path as well. 1 pound a week seems ok to me.
  • megd44
    megd44 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am right there. Looking to lose (maybe) half a pound a week. Definitely tracking my numbers but really starting to exercise more for health than weight loss. Will take all the support I can get.
  • AlisalGal
    AlisalGal Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Do most of you weigh yourselves weekly? Or more/less often? I've heard of people weighing daily but that sounds a little obsessive for me. I'm afraid I would let a "bad" weigh in ruin my mood.
  • welshgirlhelen
    welshgirlhelen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    thank god there are other people like me!!! I'm 5ft 4 and 38 years old and find losing weight so hard and it takes forever. I want to lose a stone (14lbs) and am trying so hard. MFP gives me 1200 calories before exercise- have it set to 2lbs a week but that's not happening. I lost 3 my first week and have stayed the same last week. This week is my 3rd week and a sneaky weigh in shows no change. I drink lots of water and cycle when I can, do my own weights at home and usually do 1200 steps a day. I'm so glad to have read this thread. I was feeling really down about it x
  • mandalaysissa
    mandalaysissa Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    AlisalGal wrote: »
    Do most of you weigh yourselves weekly? Or more/less often? I've heard of people weighing daily but that sounds a little obsessive for me. I'm afraid I would let a "bad" weigh in ruin my mood.

when i was on Dukan diet a couple of years ago (3 months - lost 19pounds) I would daily weigh myself in the 1st month.. then i'd do it every 4 days or 5
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    My scale seems to lie to me and show no lose for weeks at a time, and then before i know it im down 5lbs. :D so feel free to add me
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm a slow loser because I have a hard time staying consistent. I'm losing, but very slowly.

Feel free to add me. I'm 24 years old, 5'4" and 214 pounds.
  • Carolo7718
    Carolo7718 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is my first post. I'm 65, post menopausal and 40 lbs overweight. My loss on keto diet is glacially slow, but I'm determined to keep going. Any suggestions?
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Carolo7718 wrote: »
    This is my first post. I'm 65, post menopausal and 40 lbs overweight. My loss on keto diet is glacially slow, but I'm determined to keep going. Any suggestions?

Hi Carolo, I was like that on keto too. Did it for a year and lost around 6 kilos (13 pounds). This year I've been doing Dukan, which is very similar to keto (I still am in ketosis, just eating less fat than before) and have lost 5 kilos already. I'm 60 and obviously post menopausal as well. I'm going to be sticking to Dukan.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Me I yoyoed on vlcd meal replacement 2-5 lbs a week losses but it's messed my body up so now it's 0.5-1.5 lbs losses a week
    I've 40lbs restart weight to lose but after vlcd losses mentally it's much harder seeing such small ones but better off than in and I can't actually eat
  • Jakiracki
    Jakiracki Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I aiming for a pound a week!!! Trying to do it slow. Every time I try for fast results I fail!
  • Kolonita
    Kolonita Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 10kg .
  • ibouji
    ibouji Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So I'm new to the message boards and to the commitment to lose weight (always been semi-serious for a few days at best). Support and a sounding board would be amazing but I'm not sure how it works on the message boards. Looks like you add each other as friends? Then what?

By the way, I'm looking to lose about 25 lbs, I'm 30 y.o. female and have started working out with a trainer 3 times a week and cleaning up my diet, reducing alcohol intake etc. It's been about a month and I've gained 2 lbs...very frustrating!!!