Looking for weight loss journey friends.

Options
I'm Getting Married
I need friends who are willing to be accountable for eating crap. I'm a chips lover, i love the crunchiness at night, i love chocolate. I am although a picky eater. Uh, i feel like i'm venting. But i weighed myself this morning at the heaviest i've ever been at 26 years old, NO kids. 291 pounds. wow. i don't know what to think, nor do i know what to do. I'm making a promise to workout 4 times a week for an hour. I need to. So whos willing to help me out, as well i'll do the same. xo* Shredding for the wedding.
Ps. Looking for friends, i'm engaged so respect that or your gone :)

Replies

• LsEs
    LsEs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Lorina
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Here are some pearls of wisdom I've gained on my weight loss journey:
    (1) Healthy weight loss takes time. 0.5-2 pounds a week is healthy weight loss.
    (2) Weight loss isn't linear. You may have weeks you lose more, some less and some none at all, but just keep going.
    (3) Weigh your food. Just logging food is one component of successful weight loss, but you have to know what a serving is to be effective. Weigh with a digital scale. Use grams or oz.
    (3) Log your food with correct entries. No homemade or generic.
    (4) Drink water. Drink at least 64oz daily. Water is beneficial for not only hydration, but also satiety. Sometimes you may have just eaten a few hours before and feel hungry when in fact you may just be dehydrated.
    (5) Move more. The more you move the more calories you will burn. This doesn't mean you have to go crazy in the gym, but even just moving more today than you did yesterday and keep building will get you to your goal faster.
    (6) Have patience. You didn't gain weight overnight so don't expect it to come off any faster. It is by far easier to gain than to lose.
    (7) There are no magical weight loss pills, powders, wraps or potions.
    (8) Have a reasonable calorie deficit and stick to it.

More than happy to help keep you accountable! FR sent! Congrats on your upcoming nuptials!
  • karenwfrank
    karenwfrank Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Karen. Started using the app again in October and have lost 27 lbs so far and my goal is to lose 30 lbs more. Looking for friends for accountability.
  • ashc85
    ashc85 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am Ashley. I've been on my weight loss journey since 1/2/17. I am looking to lose over 100 lbs. I love chips too unfortunately. Feel free to add me.
  • ines1966
    ines1966 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    My name is Ines and I am at it again (hopefully for the last time) I need to lose 50 lbs I also LOVE chips and chocolate - I am also trying to control my sugar intake.
  • RachaelIsLosingIt
    RachaelIsLosingIt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If we're doing a vent: Hi, my name is Rachael I love cheese, pasta and chips. I often eat them all on the same plate! I also love smoking but have decided to quit that too! Let's be friends! <3