Weekend ruins a whole week of hard work!

Options
I'm having a hard time turning off the switch that weekends = eating whatever I want time and therefore it's really stopping me from losing real weight. I know it's more of a habit that I need to break but I'm struggling! This weekend we went away and I threw fitness pal out the window. Literally after breakfast I had eaten 700 calories

Replies

• Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    It's tough. I started with pre-logging for the weekend awhile ago so I had a food "roadmap" to keep me more or less on the straight and narrow. I also increased my activity on the weekends to build a bit of a calorie buffer. Took me about a month and a half, but I mostly have my weekends in a good spot. Make no mistake though, I have beer and wings, etc. I just pre-plan for it and it's been easier to not go crazy.
  • jnananamaste
    jnananamaste Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Maybe you would prefer a weekly calorie goal, rather than daily. I've seen some others post about it...you eat a couple hundred less calories per day Mon-Fri, then you have a lot more leeway on weekends (depending on how much you can decrease during the week and still be healthy & satisfied).
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Maybe you would prefer a weekly calorie goal, rather than daily. I've seen some others post about it...you eat a couple hundred less calories per day Mon-Fri, then you have a lot more leeway on weekends (depending on how much you can decrease during the week and still be healthy & satisfied).

^^^ This too. I added this in about 2 weeks ago and it also makes the weekend not so stressful having a little extra to work with.
  • FarewellBlues
    FarewellBlues Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's super easy to overeat on the weekends when there's a lot more unstructured time. My deficit is small to begin with, so a high weekend can really throw the whole week. I found I just needed less time hanging around at home - I get out for walks, go to the movies or something with friends, play a sport, go to museums, find something that occupies me mentally like learning a language - if you have kids, these are all great things to do as a family also! And it's not just that the activity is good for me and motivates me to eat healthier food, but that the time I'm occupied is time I spend not eating/snacking out of sheer boredom.
  • jnananamaste
    jnananamaste Posts: 72 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Also when I go out I like to get what I like to get or it feels like a waste of $ and an experience, to me. I will count the calories and count it as two meals if need be...so after the 700+ cal breakfast I might do a small snack if I get hungry midday and my typical size dinner. Still get to eat out, but not blowing the whole day...
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    U should save calories for the weekend and eat at maintenance on the weekends not over eat
  • Pooshka2
    Pooshka2 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Keeping busy helps. Work on the books, do household chores, meal plan, shop, and prepare for the next week, or go out and do something fun. I find that I forget to eat on the weekends, and I end up with a calorie shortage come the end of the day.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    same problem here
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I know I eat more on the weekends, so I eat less during the week to balance out the overall week. :)
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    ^^^^This