Apple Watch app for workout tracking

Options
I bought an Apple Watch series 2 last weekend. It's ok, but I'm disappointed they don't provide what I consider some basic features.

What app do you use with your Apple Watch to track your workouts? Right now all I'm doing is rucking and walking. After I get cleared from my Doc (hopefully today) I'll start adding circuits and weights back in.

Fitbit would give me a graph of my heart rate during a workout so I could see when I was pushing myself and when I'm not. My old garmin Watch did the same. Based on the conversation I had with Apple this morning, their apps don't provide that info. There's got to be a decent third party app that can do this and pull the Apple Watch data.

What I've tried so far:
Under armour app - nope. Doesn't grab hr from my Apple Watch.
Nike run club - no breakdown of hr. And worst of all it kept pausing the workout so my stats and calorie burn are completely off.

What do you use?

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Before getting an Apple Watch Series 2, I was using Endomondo to track both walking and rowing. I still use it for rowing because Endomondo pairs with chest strap heart rate monitor. But I've been using the AW's Workout app for tracking walks and it does a fine job. The first couple of times I used it, I ran Endomondo at the the same time just to see if there was a big difference in the burned calories both apps gave me. The difference between the two was only about 10-15 calories.
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Are you able to see a graph of your hr for the duration of the workout?
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I've never really checked that info for my walks. I only pay attention to my heart rate when I'm rowing.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    There's an app called Cardiogram that will give you that. It's not a workout app but it records the data you want.
  • aquadolly_
    aquadolly_ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been using MotiFIT. It's not the greatest but the best I could find to track a variety of types of workouts. It does give me heart rate info during the workouts but not sure about the graphs.
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'm checking those out as well! Appreciate the suggestions!