10 lbs

Options
Anyone else out there who is "only" trying to lose 10-15 lbs? I know it's measly compared to some people's goals but I am struggling to get this 10 lbs to come off!!!! I could use some motivation and accountability. So far I've been exercising and tracking my meals consistently for 3 weeks and haven't lost any weight/inches and my clothes still fit the same. I've never had such a hard time before and I'm afraid I'm going to get discouraged and give up - leading to more weight gain. I realize that change doesn't happen overnight, but I've never ever ever ever not seen change in that time frame given the work I'm putting in.

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh everything you eat? That's usually a good place to start when the weight and tape measure don't move.
  • TSkarnas
    TSkarnas Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Not everything, but a lot of it. Maybe I should do everything to make sure my proportions are right.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    TSkarnas wrote: »
    Not everything, but a lot of it. Maybe I should do everything to make sure my proportions are right.

Yes, do this! Every. Thing.
  • bee11mct
    bee11mct Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Please add me!!! I am new here and i am looking for friends with the same goal/ calories (1200). My issue is sugar + carbs but I need motivation. I am trying to lose 10-15 pounds before May-June!
  • Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I was at that place you are now last year. I was logging and exercising consistently and at some point, I just plateaued. I understand that you have a run a deficit, etc, however, losing was just not happening. One thing I did that helped was to eat whole foods most of the time. I have been able to stay away from processed foods for the most part and that definitely helped me to shed the pounds I was looking to shed. I still have my occasional scone, dark chocolate and other little snacks, but try to keep it to a minimum.

Feel free to add me. My diary is open.
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm initially only looking to lose a stone (14lb) because I know it makes a huge difference to my body shape and size. It's taken me about 4 weeks to lose around half a stone and I've been reeeeally trying. My husband loses sooooo much quicker than me. He is massive though. It's all relative. He'll look big even if he loses a stone. I'll change a dress size. Keep on at it.