Starting for real this time

Options
Hi there! My name is Erin and although I have been a member of MFP for months now, it is only today that I made a real commitment to really lose weight and gain a healthy lifestyle. I have never been a member of an online community of people I don't know in real life before, but I am so comforted by the thought that there are thousands of people out there doing the same thing as me and using MFP to help them and I look forward to this support network. My main goal is to weigh 54kg in 1 years time, and to do so through daily exercise and consuming no more than 1200 calories each day.

Cheers :)

Replies

• kittylrogers
    Options
    Good luck. I have just started also. I have a long way to go but I know we can do it.
  • LoriW78
    LoriW78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step to the new you! Good Luck on your journey! Lori
  • LCardo24
    LCardo24 Posts: 56
    Options
    Good Luck to you! I very recently made the same decision. I've been on here since February, made some initial progress, and then gained it all back. Last week I decided to start taking it seriously again, so I'm back on MFP. It really is a great site. Way to get back into it!
  • Tambokkana
    Options
    Thanks guys - I am actually excited about the whole thing at the moment, and although I am sometimes scared and doubtful that I can do it I'm determined to use every tool at hand to keep the momentum going! Good luck to you as well and please keep in touch :)
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Hi Erin. Welcome to the only online community worth being a part of. Your absolutely right in that everyone here is so supportive and in the same place. We all want to be here to make a change, to make our lives better, and to make a lifestyle change.
    Best of luck to you!!
  • breyn2004
    breyn2004 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! It's a wild journey, but one well worth the struggles!
  • DGSki
    DGSki Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I also started then fell off, I have been consistent for maybe a week now, which is good for me! But keep at it and you will accomplish your goal. Feel free to add me as a friend, I can motivate and use all the help from others as well!
  • Jenna70
    Jenna70 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You are not alone, I am in the same boat with you! I joined MFP some months back but didn't really commit. Now I am starting again and am feeling very positive and focused on my goals right now. This online community is so helpful, so many people ready to give support and encouraging words!
    Being scared and doubtful is okay, just don't let the emotions control you. And if you fall down just get right back up again. You can do it!