I AM CONTINUING LEARNING HOW TO LOSE 100 LB

Options
My weigth is 265 Lb and I Like lose 115 Lb.
Losing weight is never easy, especially when you are facing a large goal.
 I think I need concentrate on developing and sticking to a weight-loss plan.
I like to keep a journal of what I ate, how much I exercised, and my thoughts and feelings at those times, and limit myself to one weekly weigh-in to avoid focusing too much on the scale.

Eating good carbs (veggies and fruts) 4 time a day with me meals
Eating good fats
Avoiding sodas and unnecessary sweets

I love to have My fitness Pal and the Sppor Grup, thank you

Replies

• TheBrocheter
    TheBrocheter Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You don't have to avoid sweets and soda's, you can lose weight eating whatever you'd like in moderation! Protein will make you feel more full, so you may want to focus your calories on that as well. I'm sure you'll do great!
  • Deborahjdaniels
    Deborahjdaniels Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sending you good wishes and love in your journey!
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    While Brocheter is correct, losing weight would be a little faster without the sodas and sweets. You'd be healthier too. I might recommend not just looking at the scale but at your overall health. Definitely increase your protein, whether or not you cut the sweets n soda. Get active in one way or another. Do a little research and build yourself up. Empower yourself with little memes or inspirations, as well as keep a list of WHY you want to lose weight. When you want to give up or quit, read the memes and reasons. Did your reasons change? Maybe it will help keep you motivated.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    JeanieWww wrote: »
    While Brocheter is correct, losing weight would be a little faster without the sodas and sweets. You'd be healthier too. I might recommend not just looking at the scale but at your overall health. Definitely increase your protein, whether or not you cut the sweets n soda. Get active in one way or another. Do a little research and build yourself up. Empower yourself with little memes or inspirations, as well as keep a list of WHY you want to lose weight. When you want to give up or quit, read the memes and reasons. Did your reasons change? Maybe it will help keep you motivated.

It would only make it faster if it resulted in a larger deficit. If one simply replaced them with calories from other foods, it wouldn't be faster.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Some people need to cut out certain foods.

Others cut out foods and then binge on them later.

Figure out which one you are. If you tend to binge if you restrict these are my tips...

Don't bring binge worthy foods home in family size. Bring home in one single serving once in awhile. Or eat only when going out to dinner. Make sure you've had a healthy satiating meal then have your small sweet.

Again the goal is to find a sustainable way of eating.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a start on a really good plan! Slow & steady wins, in the pursuit of weight loss and improved health. You can do it! Don't be afraid to tweak and adjust your plan as you go along, to make it more sustainable and enjoyable for you.
  • missmagnoliablossom
    Options
    Is there a reason you keep creating almost exactly the same post?