I CONTINUING LEARNING HOW TO LOSE 100 LB.

Options
Abbycesar
Abbycesar Posts: 5 Member
edited February 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
My weigth is 265 Lb and I Like lose 115 Lb.
Losing weight is never easy, especially when you are facing a large goal.
 I think I need concentrate on developing and sticking to a weight-loss plan.
I like to keep a journal of what I ate, how much I exercised, and my thoughts and feelings at those times, and limit myself to one weekly weigh-in to avoid focusing too much on the scale.

Eating good carbs (veggies and fruts) 4 time a day with me meals
Eating good fats

Avoiding sodas and unnecessary sweets

I WILL CONTINUING LEARNING!

love to have my fitness pal beside my and the support grup,  thank you!

Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are very motivated! That's awesome!!

May I suggest working on a way of eating that is sustainable so that you can maintain your weight loss. It is the end goal right?

Being too aggressive sometimes is counterproductive.

Best!!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    2lb/week is considered a healthy loss (depending on current weight) by most health professionals, and by MFP (hence why 2lb/week is the highest you get). On a 4 week month that nets you 8lb/month.
    If you are determined to lose 20lb/month, please make sure that you are being monitored by a doctor.

You do not need to eat 'healthy' foods as long as you stay in a calorie deficit. You definitely do get more nutritional bang for your buck (better nutrients from fruits, and veg than from a french frie or shake) that way usually, but it can cause people to binge eat the foods they've completely taken out of their lives because they crave it so fiercely.
  • Abbycesar
    Abbycesar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am new here, I put the wrong tittle. .
    My tittle is
    SORRY ABOUT THE MISTAKE
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)

You can eat in whatever way you think will be most sustainable for you to achieve your weight loss, but your goal is simply unrealistic. Perhaps 10 lbs/ month is doable for the first couple of months, but you will likely need to scale it back the more you lose. Set up your profile on MFP with a 2lb/week goal and your accurate activity level (not including exercise) and just go with the calorie allowance it gives you. With patience and consistency you can achieve your goal. :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You already had one thread closed down because this is an unhealthy goal. Posting again isn't going to yield a different result.

You beat me to it but, yes, this.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Abbycesar wrote: »
    My tittle is
    SORRY ABOUT THE MISTAKE

Some advice I was given.

Max 2 lbs a week. To start.
    1.5 will be good for between 75-50lbs to lose.
    Move to 1 lbs a week once you are down to the last 50lbs to lose.
    Once you hit the last 20 look at changing to .5.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I wish I could afford to lose 20 pounds of gold per month.
  • buddytalley
    buddytalley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think that is an awesome goal, but don't set yourself up for failure to begin with. I have been a yoyo dieter all my life. In the last 12 years I have stayed approximately the same weight because every time I lost 50 lbs or so I would gain that back plus another 20. I too weigh 250+ lbs but am trying to lose my weight slowly as I don't want it to come off and then right back on. I am eating healthy, keeping my blood sugar in control and feeling better than I have in a long time. I just need to stay focused. My weight didn't come on over night so I can't expect it to come off that way.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    OP--you need patience to be successful.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    My tittle is
    SORRY ABOUT THE MISTAKE

Then I recommend reading through the forums. A lot of folks have lost weight and more importantly have maintained their weight loss. A ton of valuable information that I know I continue to learn from.

I totally get wanting to lose fast, sometimes I want to also. But you can do some damage like hair loss, muscle loss and gallstones to name a few.

Keep that determination but maybe direct it to a more sustainable plan!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Slow down. Congrats on making the decision to improve your life, but step into this gradually. Start logging and begin to identify the bad habits that got you to this point. Tackle 1 bad habit at a time and replace this with a good habit. Write this stuff down on a calendar and celebrate the victories.

Think marathon over sprint - you are making small changes that will have dramatic impact over time. Don't make drastic changes - these almost never go well.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    My weigth is 265 Lb and I Like lose 115 Lb.
    Losing weight is never easy, especially when you are facing a large goal.
     I think I need concentrate on developing and sticking to a weight-loss plan.
    I like to keep a journal of what I ate, how much I exercised, and my thoughts and feelings at those times, and limit myself to one weekly weigh-in to avoid focusing too much on the scale.

Eating good carbs (veggies and fruts) 4 time a day with me meals
    Eating good fats

Avoiding sodas and unnecessary sweets

I WILL CONTINUING LEARNING!

love to have my fitness pal beside my and the support grup,  thank you!

Continuing & learning - that's a great attitude.

However, an unrealistic weight loss goal (20 pounds in a month) won't help you continue OR help you learn. Weight loss doesn't have to be a painful punishment (as a very low calorie diet to achieve this goal will almost certainly be). Continuing when you have failed at an unrealistic goal is not something most people do.

Avoiding and eliminating foods are very often temporary changes. If you want a permanent result then look for permanent changes.......ONE sweet treat (try for moderation) and a diet soda every day. Permanent changes will help you keep the weight off.

Demonizing foods by labeling them good of "bad." Doesn't really teach you lifestyle changes. Carbs aren't the thing you need to manage....calories are, unless of course you have medical issues.
  • birdtobe
    birdtobe Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. When I started this, I was so determined to shed the extra weight that anything less than immediate success felt like failure. But, three months in, I'm 25 pounds lighter and I feel like I have finally learned to eat in a realistic, healthy way that I can sustain long-term. Do I wish the extra 50 I still need to lose would melt away in two months? Heck, yes! But I know that I have to be patient with my body and understand that it's not going to happen overnight (unfortunately!). Sounds like you've made some really positive resolutions about your health. Don't put a number on what you have to lose each week or each month. Instead, focus on making the positive changes the measure of your success each day. Did you drink enough water? Avoid overeating? Move your body? It's the most boring diet advice in the world, but it's the most true: small changes add up to big success. Good luck to you!