Macro Goals

Options
Hi All.

So iv been working out 5 times a week since Novemeber. 3 times with a PT and two days doing cardio. I was 90kg to start with and dropped to 84. Today i weighted myself and im back on 85.

When logging food im finding my my fat intake is about 15/20 % rather then the 30% and protien is like 42% rather then 20%. My body seems alot heather but im not able to shed the fat on the belly.

Could this be a reason why im not losing the belly fat as im not taking enough fat into the diet.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You've lost 6kg since November, that's great progress.

Have you reset your cals after the weight loss so far?
  • ashparmar1977
    ashparmar1977 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    No I have been working on 1940 cals per day and with my exercise that's an extra 400/500 per day I work out which I don't fully use up. I'm just confused if I should be sticking to the Carbs 50% Fat 30% and Protein 20%.

My protein is high on most days by nearly double. I feel stronger but just want the belly fat to go. With the PT we do a lot of core exercises and a lot of boxing also. When I work out solo its either running or cross training.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    1940 seems a bit high for cutting calories. What are you doing with the PT (weight/resistance training?) and for how long? Calorie deficits are what cause weight loss and the belly fat will come with reduced body fat. When was the last time you changed your calorie goal?
  • ashparmar1977
    Options
    Iv been on same calories since I started working out in Nov. With PT is it a lot of weights and intermittent running and skipping as well as boxing. A Normal session with him lasts an hour not including warm ups and stretches. Do you think I should reduce my calorie intake ?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    1940 seems a bit high for cutting calories. What are you doing with the PT (weight/resistance training?) and for how long? Calorie deficits are what cause weight loss and the belly fat will come with reduced body fat. When was the last time you changed your calorie goal?

Not if it's a TDEE figure as opposed to MFP's NEAT method.
  • cathipa
    edited February 2017
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »

Not if it's a TDEE figure as opposed to MFP's NEAT method.

Looks like the OP is saying 1940 is his base and he is adding in 400-500 extra for activity. In this case it would be higher and possibly why he is not losing. Also calories haven't been adjusted for the loss.
  • ashparmar1977
    Options
    So what should I be intaking for calories. Sorry to sound rather thick but this is all new to me and I want to keep the mamentom going.
  • ashparmar1977
    Options
    Sorry I'm also a he if that makes a difference.
  • cathipa
    edited February 2017
    Options
    How much do you have to lose to get to a healthy weight? How tall are you?
  • ashparmar1977
    Options
    That's the other thing. Started in Nov at 5'8 now I'm 5'11. I just want belly to go so now sure what my ideal weight should be. The trainer is good but not as knowledgable as I would have hoped for. He thinks the weight gain is muscle growth.
  • cathipa
    Options
    OK, now I'm confused. How did you grow 3 inches?
  • ashparmar1977
    Options
    I'm using Cnp diet whey and also taking CLA capsules 3 times a day. My diet is pretty good now. Nits of weetabix, pasta at lunch with a lot of grilled skinless chicken and salmon with lots of veggies. No fruit as I'm allergic to them believe it or not.
  • ashparmar1977
    Options
    I know right, I was wondering same thing. Trainer seems to think it's natural?
  • cathipa
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Not at your age. And find a new trainer.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I know right, I was wondering same thing. Trainer seems to think it's natural?

How old are you? Men can keep growing into their early 20s IIRC.
  • ashparmar1977
    Options
    Maybe ta the new trainers he made me buy for running? It has insoles so that could be partly the reason.
  • ashparmar1977
    Options
  • ashparmar1977
    Options
    Ok so I will seek it a new trainer but back to the initial question. Do I reduce calories? And do I stick to the suggested percentages in the macro or not.
  • ashparmar1977
    Options
    Thanks, that's really helpful.