Inner Thighs, Problem Area

Options
I work out every day. Running and weight training, plus some Jillian Michaels videos thrown in there. I have thighs that rub together. I am just a bit over my ideal BMI according to the chart, and I have a goal of 10 pounds to lose. If running does not get rid of the excess chub on my thighs what will?? The rest of my legs look really good, I am just annoyed by my touching thighs.

Thank you!!

~~makeupaholic~~

Replies

• StefD78
    StefD78 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    do you go to the gym? Ive found that spinning is the ONLY thing that helps with that trouble spot. Theres that little pocket of fat right at the top of my inner thighs that just doesnt want to go away. Just a thought :) Good luck!
  • frenchielover
    Options
    sounds like it may just be the way your body is. I am 27 as well, and in good shape, and mine still do. I am a size 2 and they still rub. I suppose if I were overweight, I would be classified as a pear shape because of it. Plenty of people with muscular thighs have "bigger" ones that rub together. The only way I ever had thighs that didn't touch was when I was underweight and skeletal looking.

Hope this makes you feel better!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem.
    i am just unde my perfect bmi. still in the healthy zone.
    and the problem is, is that my thighs are so big, and they rub together so much wen i walk its really painful..
    but if i loose any more weight il move into the unhealthy scale..
    i dont no wat to do =[
    i dont have a choice but to try to loose weight off them. =/
  • iitsolivia
    iitsolivia Posts: 28
    Options
    When I was running three miles every night was the only time my thighs didn't rub together. From what I've read, running plus squats and lunges will help a ton!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Mine have always been like that. I think it is just my build. They aren't huge but they do touch. I do Jillian Michaels dvds, Zumba, the elliptical, and exercises with ankle weights for each part of the leg. I swear the only people I have seen with inner thighs that don't touch are anorexic or are bow legged. No offense to anyone but I have often wondered if they are jsut supposed to touch on a normal body????
  • serena22289
    serena22289 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that women whose thighs don't touch, are usually underweight. I have the same feelings about my inner thighs and wish they would just shrink already but as long as you are doing exercises for your inner thigh to keep them tight, don't worry so much about that. I'm a dancer, 5'9" 135 pounds and mine have always touched. I applaud you for working out every day (that in and of itself is a huge accomplishment, in my eyes) but try not to obsess about it too much. You say that your thighs are good otherwise so most likely, your inner thighs are in shape as well. Feel good knowing that you're healthy, strong, and beautiful!

P.S. Most models that you see whose thighs don't touch, don't eat and don't exercise at all so that they don't gain anything (fat, muscle, or otherwise). That's not healthy by any means and only serves to break down the body and cause health issues in the future. Hope that helped!
  • lbewley3
    lbewley3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Back in the 80s there was a book called Thin Thighs in 30 Days. It had six exercises and a walking plan which I followed faithfully for the 30 days, along with healthy eating. I was not overweight at the time, just wanted trimmer thighs. In the 30 days, I lost 3 inches from each thigh (19" to 16"). You might Google it and see if it's still available.
  • sblackwood77
    sblackwood77 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ok, to add to that. I am overweight and want to know if walking will firm that innner thigh area as I loose the weight.
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    sounds like it may just be the way your body is. I am 27 as well, and in good shape, and mine still do. I am a size 2 and they still rub. I suppose if I were overweight, I would be classified as a pear shape because of it. Plenty of people with muscular thighs have "bigger" ones that rub together. The only way I ever had thighs that didn't touch was when I was underweight and skeletal looking.

Hope this makes you feel better!

Agreed. Also was skeletal when I had thighs not touching. (Exercise bulimia/anorexia). I think each body is different. I used to dislike it too...then I had a massive blood clot in my leg and after seeing it was 4 times the size it normally was, I vowed to never complain about them again.
  • makeupaholicim
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your responses. I feel better already, and I will try some of your suggestions, and do more squats!! I appreciate the honesty!!
  • makeupaholicim
    Options
    do you go to the gym? Ive found that spinning is the ONLY thing that helps with that trouble spot. Theres that little pocket of fat right at the top of my inner thighs that just doesnt want to go away. Just a thought :) Good luck!

I do go to the gym, and I run on the treadmill and use the elliptical. I may start going back to spinning classes when season comes back in the fall.
  • makeupaholicim
    Options
    Back in the 80s there was a book called Thin Thighs in 30 Days. It had six exercises and a walking plan which I followed faithfully for the 30 days, along with healthy eating. I was not overweight at the time, just wanted trimmer thighs. In the 30 days, I lost 3 inches from each thigh (19" to 16"). You might Google it and see if it's still available.

Cute Dog! I will look for this, thank you for the suggestion! I love books and plans like this!
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Body type does have a lot to do with it. I'm not anorexic or bow legged and my inner thighs do touch - barely - when I stand with my knees and ankles together, but I've never had a problem with them rubbing when I walk. As an apple/banana, the problem areas I had at my highest weight were a spare tire large enough to fit an earth mover and a couple of extra sets of boobs (side and back).