Find friends/ my story

Options
Hey everyone my name is Tim. I'm 23 years old, 6'3 1/2 and I have a lot of weight to lose. My profile photo is me at my heaviest which is 484 pounds. In two months I have lost 27 pounds and now my weight is 457 pounds. I had to make a complete life change in order to lose the weight I have so far. I now eat 1,800-2,000 calories a day and drink premier protein which has really helped. I would like to hear all your stories and how your weight loss journey is going. Add me if you would like. Have a great day everyone.

Replies

• Scotty2HotPie
    Scotty2HotPie Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes!! I'm super pumped for you!

I would love see your daily progress and look forward to seeing the new you by New Years. I'll add you as a friend.

A few questions for you in the early going.

- How did you determine 1,800-2,000 calories per day? It seems a little low for your age, height & weight
    - Do you have a weekly exercise plan?

The only reason I ask is that if you're not getting enough food, it might make this quest miserable for you. Yes, you want to limit your calories per day, but not so much that you're a miserable wreck and give up early.

I'm no expert, but I double-checked a couple calculators and maybe 2,500 cals/day are more inline if you're not getting exercise. But if everything is working for you now, when maybe it's best to not mess with the system you got going.

As for me, I really started last summer at around 240lbs.... and I'm 5'9". I'm now around 205 and looking to reach 185lb by summer.

• gemstoneisland
    gemstoneisland Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I agree that your calorie count sounds too low. You don't want to put your body into starvation mode because it will slow your metabolism too much (not to mention, you'll be so hungry that you'll give up). I would say bump up your calorie intake and do some form of low- impact exercise, like walking, aqua aerobics and weight lifting. Best of luck to you!