The reason why I want to lose weight and get fit

1. 214 lbs at 19 an 5'9" is not healthy, according to my doctor. She said I should be about 130-170 lbs.
2. I don't feel confident in my current body, so I think losing it and getting toned will give me more confidence.
3. I'm starting college this year.
4. I might do self-defense classes and/or yoga when I start college, so I want to fit as soon as I do those classes.

Replies

• bubblebum82
    bubblebum82 Posts: 34 Member
    Great reasons!. I've been through a lot but my body is still going strong and the stronger and healthier I get, I get more confidence, more energy, the list goes on. I'm doing this because I deserve to feel the best I possibly can x
  • artluv22
    artluv22 Posts: 65 Member
    You do deserve to feel the best you can. I'd like to hear your story. Why are you on mfp?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    You've come to the right place!
  • artluv22
    I hope so. Why are you on mfp?
  • TavistockToad
    artluv22 wrote: »
    I hope so. Why are you on mfp?

I want to look good naked... and PB my next half marathon
  • bubblebum82
    I'm on because I use the ap to track macros but it hasn't gone to plan. I popped in community today for chat with like minded people.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    I want to lose weight and get fit so I can enjoy the rest of my life more. I am in my mid 30s now and the times I enjoyed life most and felt most confident and healthy were when I was at a healthy weight. When I have been overweight (which unfortunately was a majority of the time so far) I just felt so self conscious and uncomfortable. I also had a major health crisis in my early 30s so I know how bad it can feel when you lose your health! Luckily I'm better now and after about 5 months of tracking on myfitnesspal I'm almost to a healthy BMI. I have also been working out regularly the past year or so and I feel the strongest and healthiest I ever have and it's fantastic! I want to get to a healthy weight and stay there this time so I don't waste any more of my life, and hopefully it will also help me avoid future health problems and live longer.
  • bubblebum82
    Great post. Yes life is short, the healthier we are the better the ride will be. I'm all for improving health but some days the tiredness off broken sleep screws up my efforts #iwillnevergiveup
  • bubblebum82
    Yeah I want a killer bod, one I can look in mirror and go wow, super proud, confident, healthy and even more happy. It's achievable but harder to achieve when your life has no routine like mine
  • artluv22
    Yeah I want a killer bod, one I can look in mirror and go wow, super proud, confident, healthy and even more happy. It's achievable but harder to achieve when your life has no routine like mine

My initial start was the same workout and eating 1200 calories, but that will NOT make me toned. It's not enough calories. I'm gonna eat 1550 from now on. I'd like to have a body like Rihanna or Ciara, since we're around the same height.

http://data.whicdn.com/images/135251147/large.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMTqJD7WEAAlYio.jpg
  • bubblebum82
    It confuses the hell out of me. Maybe I need to get some help for my goals off personal trainer at gym. I need someone to sit down with me and help me I think cause I suck lol
  • KweenKJS
    KweenKJS Posts: 9 Member
    I want to be happy and healthy again. I was a bit addicted to the gym in high school. I was muscled and active, able to eat anything and I love food. Working to put myself through college ended all of that. Now, 15 years later, I want to be more active and still be able to eat what I like. I love to cook and I've decided that cooking everything from scratch would be a good way to start cutting calories. Soon I realized I also needed to moderate myself better. Meaning portion control and balanced meals. So now if I make biscuits and gravy for breakfast, I have a tuna salad for lunch after my run. But sticking to the schedule is hard. I'm working my way up to being active everyday, right now it's 3 - 4 times a week.
  • courtneyfabulous
    Yeah I want a killer bod, one I can look iiin mirror and go wow, super proud, confident, healthy and even more happy. It's achievable but harder to achieve when your life has no routine like mine

My initial start was the same workout and eating 1200 calories, but that will NOT make me toned. It's not enough calories. I'm gonna eat 1550 from now on. I'd like to have a body like Rihanna or Ciara, since we're around the same height.

Wow that second pic!! I'm sure there's some major photoshop enhancement of course but that body type is definitely achieved with more calories than 1200 and lots of lifting & squats etc
  • TavistockToad
    Yeah I want a killer bod, one I can look iiin mirror and go wow, super proud, confident, healthy and even more happy. It's achievable but harder to achieve when your life has no routine like mine

Wow that second pic!! I'm sure there's some major photoshop enhancement of course but that body type is definitely achieved with more calories than 1200 and lots of lifting & squats etc

And some lucky genetics...
  • KweenKJS
    KweenKJS Posts: 9 Member
    Yea... I looked good once, but never that good... I'd just be happy with my old stretch marks and none of the new ones, lol.
  • artluv22
    I hope with 1550 cal, 45 min of moderate cardio and 15 min of strength training 5 days a week, and walking 30 minutes daily, i can lose weight and be toned
  • courtneyfabulous
    I hope with 1550 cal, 45 min of moderate cardio and 15 min of strength training 5 days a week, and walking 30 minutes daily, i can lose weight and be toned

Not sure how much strength training you can get done in just 15 minutes, but it's a great start!
  • artluv22
    How much should I do? I'm definitely doing crunches or sit-ups and squats
  • courtneyfabulous
    How much should I do? I'm definitely doing crunches or sit-ups and squats

That's a good start, but working up to more and lifting weights would be good.

I do 1 hour of strength training & lifting weights 3 times per week. But you're doing 5 days a week so the equivalent would be 36 minutes of strength/lifting.