What's your 'can't get enough of' / 'I would kill for' food

Options
So I am 5'3 and currently 126lb.
I lost 50lbs and have been maintaining for 16 months now however I am really struggling this month!
I am a strict CICO person and actually took up walking and exercise to allow me to increase my calories. I usually burn an avg of 2k calories per day but it's cream egg and mini egg season and I can't get enough of them.
Last year I managed to refrain from having any and therefore coped fine however I thought I could control it this year, having resisted all temptation for well over a year but I was wrong! One egg led to another and then another.
You would think as a grown adult I could just resist and not buy them but I can't.
Any suggestions?
What's your 'can't get enough of food?'

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Cheese puffs (Cheetos) and chocolate.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Of course you can't resist anything you tell yourself you can't have :D
    I struggled so much myself until I understood this "little" fact about our brains. (Yes, plural - we have two.)

I have stopped stocking up on those "can't get enough of" foods. Instead, I will eat them on occasion, and out of the house. For every other day, I eat a varied diet of foods I enjoy, in which "enjoy" encompasses "satisfy me".
  • mrsd1969
    mrsd1969 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    I'm surprised at how good I've been when it comes to chips and Smartfood popcorn. I'll put a serving amount into a bowl and then put the rest away. Generally if I try to eat the serving amount slower, I feel more satisfied with the smaller amount.

But if I leave the bags open in front of me it's incredibly hard not to go for it.

Well done, i can do that with most foods however with cream eggs and mini eggs I just can't keep out the cupboard.
    The only saving grace is that they only sell them for another two months then stop.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    too many to list
  • SR1986
    SR1986 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter

Me too my friend! Peanuts in any shape form or fashion. Guilty of eating peanuts I have to shell and peanut butter every day :/ also CARBOHYDRATES. Any carb. I allow myself plenty, but it's never "enough".
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Doritos. I eat 4-5 servings in a go. I could keep going, but I tell myself to save some for tomorrow. Also, I don't want to have to admit demolishing an entire bag in one go.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Nuts
    Cakes
    Donuts
    Good Ice Cream
    Potato Chips

So many foods. I can not buy a cake and eat just one slice :( Next thing I know the entire thing is gone and I need a week to recover form it. Not to mention I can feel it affecting how I feel for days. Sweets and Carbs make me feel warm. So the only thing I can think of to do is not buy anything that does not come in a single serving as bought.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Cuddlebearjay
    Cuddlebearjay Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Soft pretzel bites from the movie theater omg, and so feeling you on the cadbury eggs
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Caramel corn.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Nachos
    pizza
    peanut butter stuffed pretzel bites
  • success313
    success313 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Pizza
  • Jaimeclmt
    Jaimeclmt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Luckily, I only get it maybe twice a year, but cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. Any kind that's full of chocolate and peanut butter. I'm not sharing, and there's no way I'm taking any of it home, so I stuff my face till I explode. :)
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    The past week? Everything.

Normally? Almonds.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Wine
  • Lutielu
    Lutielu Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Popcorn. Super buttery, salty popcorn. Oh and m&m's. Yes, sometimes they fall into the popcorn bowl.
  • Lin_marie11
    Lin_marie11 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Chinese food!!
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Chips (UK fried fish shop type)
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Potato chips, tortilla chips, Cheetos, Doritos.
    Add to that...dip, salsa, or nachos if I really decide to splurge.