Help me with carbs!

Options
I'm trying to loose weight and it's saying I should be eating like 200 carbs a day I feel like that's ridiculous what do y'all suggest?

Replies

• FarewellBlues
    FarewellBlues Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I prefer low-carb, I find high-carb makes me hungry all the time. But it's really up to your own personal preference and its effects on your health - I'd say start out by just logging what you'd normally eat to see how it measures up, and then make some changes from there. If you focus staying at or under your calorie goal and make sure most of it is good, nutritious food, you'll stay healthy and probably have an easier time sticking to the diet.

Once you know how you feel eating what you normally would, and sticking to your calories, you can adjust your carbs up or down to see how it affects you.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I don't even bother looking at the carbs number - I just eat the things I like within my calorie goal. :)

Experiment and find what works for your goal!
  • Cravenskinny
    Cravenskinny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Remember that they are healthy carbs like fruits, sweet potatoes, eggs, protein powder. Eat the 200 carbs but chose them wisely for optimal success.
  • 87sid
    87sid Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I prefer to keep my carbs under 120 grams. I feel that fat keeps me full the longest, then protein. I would pay attention to the 3 and see how you feel throughout your days and then go from there.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Why is it ridiculous? I lost weight eating about that amount every day.
  • roycruse73
    roycruse73 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I find eating low carb (or slow carb) helps me stay satisfied longer and i find it easier to stick to my calorie goals.

When you eat a lot of simple carbs like sugar and white bread and potatoes it sends your blood sugar and insulin levels on a roller coaster ride...

I find it just a whole lot easier to keep the simple carbs out of my diet as much as possible.

I do eat a couple of pieces of fruit like apples and bananas etc a day. but i eat very little bread, sugar, pasta, rice or pastry.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Remember that they are healthy carbs like fruits, sweet potatoes, eggs, protein powder. Eat the 200 carbs but chose them wisely for optimal success.

Eggs and protein powder would be sources of protein (and some fat)...

OP, I would focus more on hitting at least the minimum for protein and fats, then fill your calories however you like
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,996 Member
    Options
    If you don't want that many carbs, don't eat that many carbs. Eat more protein and fat instead.