Cant hardly eat..

So for some reason I just CANT eat (I'm not starving myself or anything, I LOVE food!) I try to force myself to eat breakfast but only end up taking two or three bites and now thats starting to happen to all of my meals :( Should I just be eating different things or is what? Do I just need to force myself to eat?

Replies

• tazhinshaw
    tazhinshaw Posts: 297 Member
    anyone?
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Any unexplained loss of appetite (especiall if you love food) should be addressed with your physician ... it is a common symptom of several things and starting with a physical and blood work would be your very best bet! :)
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Try making smoothies??
  • tazhinshaw
    Any unexplained loss of appetite (especiall if you love food) should be addressed with your physician ... it is a common symptom of several things and starting with a physical and blood work would be your very best bet! :)

:/ darn I was thinking that but just dont want to go lol well thank u!
  • serena22289
    serena22289 Posts: 36 Member
    Are you taking a new medication or supplement? Sometimes those have appetite killers in them and in that case you'll just have to make sure that you're getting the nutrients you need. If nothing has changed and you just aren't hungry perhaps it would be wise to consult a doctor.
  • tazhinshaw
    Are you taking a new medication or supplement? Sometimes those have appetite killers in them and in that case you'll just have to make sure that you're getting the nutrients you need. If nothing has changed and you just aren't hungry perhaps it would be wise to consult a doctor.

Nope, not taking anything at all. I guess I will make an app. thanks!
  • alslau02
    alslau02 Posts: 64
    I totally lost my appetite before and during my shingles ordeal. I'm still struggling with it, but I think major changes are worth consulting your doc if they continue for a week or more.
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member

:/ darn I was thinking that but just dont want to go lol well thank u!

I am right there with you! I despise going to the doctor ... though in this case, it might be worth while. Could be as simple as your hormones being out of whack. :)
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    I have to agree... If it is an ongoing thing that is getting more frequent/worse, the best bet is to go to a doctor about the situation. I have days when I feel a little nauseous for most of the day and find that I eat very little if anything at all, but it's not something that happens all the time and I've been told it has to do with my anxiety, which pops up for no reason at all sometimes.

Just try not to get stressed out about it. Getting to the bottom of it will make you feel better in the long run.
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Might be good to talk to your physician, but I also used to not be able to eat breakfast. Partially because "breakfast" foods didn't agree with me at the time of day. Maybe explore non-traditional breakfast foods. Pho, some other soup, pbj, etc...
  • I don't disagree with the people saying to see your doctor. I do agree with the person that said to try non-breakfast foods. Since I was 14, all I could eat for breakfast without throwing up was sweet tea and a pickle. Now I eat rice and miso soup and can eat more. Also, I stop wanting to eat when it gets too hot. Don't know how it is where you are, but here it is still in the 90's at 8:30 pm. Way too hot for me!