Quick easy breakfast ideas

Options
Looking for quick and easy low carb high protein breakfast ideas
With as little mess as possible

Replies

• SR1986
    SR1986 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have 2 egg whites and one whole egg and a serving of deli ham every morning. I put the ham in first and let it brown. While the ham is browning I mix the eggs in a bowl. So a bowl a pan and and a plate. It's 2 carbs, 6 grams of fat and 22 grams of protein. If I'm working out shortly after I also have a slice of wheat bread with peanut butter too.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I have protein enriched cereal, or fat free Greek yoghurt with granola
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Homemade egg "McMuffins" - bake 9 eggs + 9 egg whites in a 9x9 pan. Cut into 9 squares & freeze with Canadian bacon slices. In the a.m. warm the eggs while toasting a high fiber English muffin....add a slice of 2% cheese.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Eggs and bacon or turkey sausage/crumbles
    Greek yogurt with protein powder and fruit
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Eggs and oatmeal. Very easy.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Coffee with 1tsp sugar and some cocoa powder, and a square of dark chocolate. Not high protein, but it doesn't kick-start my appetite like an actual breakfast does, so I can save more calories for later.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Full-fat cottage cheese.
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    m1h9b3r2l4lx.jpg

Just made this for my husbands breakfast for a couple of days. Eggs, broccoli, mushrooms, little milk. Took about 10 min to throw together and then 15 to bake. It'll probably last him 3 days.
  • Alice_in_VVonderland
    Alice_in_VVonderland Posts: 67 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Mini crust-less quiches

Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray. Heat oven to 350.

Fill cups about 2/3 with diced veggies, meats/meat substitutes, and cheese of your choice. Then pour in Egg Beaters (plain or southwest style) to cover the other ingredients. These will puff up a bit. I think they baked around 20-30 minutes. There are tons of recipes for these, so you'll never get bored with them.

I tried a couple different kinds (spinach/feta, southwest with extra onion/pepper and cheddar), and they all average about 50 calories a piece (real egg would boost that to about 80). You can also stick one on an English muffin for a nice little sandwich.

If you add any sort of potato, I'd recommend pre-cooking beforehand.

Also, these keep pretty well in the fridge, so you can make a week's worth at once and either eat em cold or nuke em.
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    http://www.mastercook.com/app/recipe/WebRecipeDetails?recipeId=5079605

I make these (I use 1/2 cup of cheese instead of 1/3 cup) and double the entire recipe. I mix it all up at once and divide into 24 regular sized muffins (2 muffin tins).

Once they are cooked and cooled, I freeze them all in a giant freezer bag and then every morning I turn on the oven to 350F and pop in 1 or 2 (used to be 2, but now I do just 1) in the oven from the freezer for like 16 min. It heats up while I do my makeup and then I can pull it out as I'm heading out the door. Super easy! Mine clock in at 191 calories per muffin, but you could probably use less cheese or alter the ingredients. If I could get them down to 150 per muffin, I would probably keep having 2 in the morning. Oh well!
  • LeoT0917
    LeoT0917 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelettes w/ roasted turkey breast or any other presliced lunch meet, veggies etc